Author Topic: Steel Frame CZ Compact?  (Read 1126 times)

Offline TNman

Steel Frame CZ Compact?
« on: July 27, 2019, 04:06:55 PM »
I found some information on the discontinued CZ gun list that implied there  was a decocker compact with an all steel frame. The only CZ 75 Compact with decocker is the PCR, which is an alloy frame.

Was there, is there, a CZ 75D Compact with an all steel frame?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega

Sig P320 C & F
Sig P226 Legion
Sig P320 X-Carry
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline Insert

Re: Steel Frame CZ Compact?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 06:19:29 PM »
I've seen PCR's with safeties made for Israeli contracts, so if the flip side is very much a possibility. Perhaps made in the late 90s before the PCR replaced it. Mind if you share the list?

Offline eastman

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 08:14:26 PM »
They did make steel frame Compact D CZ75 pistols, they were just never a cataloged item for CZ-USA to import here.

Many of the ones for sale in the US market are Israeli surplus.

I don't look like my avatar!

Offline TNman

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 08:24:12 PM »
They did make steel frame Compact D CZ75 pistols, they were just never a cataloged item for CZ-USA to import here.

The list I referred to was on on the CZ site. I found mention of a Czechoslovakian made compact decocker in an article. I will try to locate that again and share. It may have also been related to the Israeli model with a safety and I just misread the article.   
IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega

Sig P320 C & F
Sig P226 Legion
Sig P320 X-Carry
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline eastman

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 09:30:15 PM »

The list I referred to was on on the CZ site. I found mention of a Czechoslovakian made compact decocker in an article. I will try to locate that again and share. It may have also been related to the Israeli model with a safety and I just misread the article.   

it has a real de-cocker and a very magnetic compact frame
built in 1999
even had the lanyard loop mainspring pin and grips that had a corner melted off to clear.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline puddintame

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 01:04:31 PM »
surplus from GB. there out there.

Offline rstrobel

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 02:25:23 PM »
They exist, I own 5 of them. All of mine were built in '99. There's a retailer with a few posted on GB right now, but his prices are very high compared to what I paid.

Offline Epguy80

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 02:05:42 AM »
I have one. Bought it surplus on Gunbroker. Other forum owners say it's in great shape for surplus. Gunsmith friend of mine says its trigger is extremely smooth from dry fire practice. No wear on the inside. One thing to keep in mind is that the 75 and 75D Steel Compacts have weird downward sloping beavertails. Kind of like a Beretta 92, but uncomfortable. I'm still trying to get to like mine. The web of my strong hand doesn't seem to like it much.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 07:55:58 PM »
Just picked up one a few weeks ago, used of course. It has an import mark of Century Arms (CAI) and has a build date of 1999.

No loaded chamber indicator, no lanyard loop, is a decocker, definitely a steel frame...passes the magnet test. Tried it on the trigger guard so no false positive due to steel mag.

Very good shape, some slight holster wear. Paid a bit under $400.

Serial number F05** with NO stamped on the slide and frame after the factory serial number. You can tell it was stamped on post factory (no polycoat over the stamped impressions). Frame slide and barrel match but the barrel does not have the NO. Has plastic grips BTW.

Haven’t shot it yet.

Heavy little sucker, especially when loaded with 15 rounds.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 08:25:01 PM »
I don't own a CZ with a decocker but I do own/carry the steel framed CZ75 Compact.  Reliable, good to excellent accuracy and I've not paid attention to weight vs. the P01 Omega.  I guess I get too busy and just don't notice it.

Not so with my wife.  She had (mine now) a couple of nice CZ75 Compacts.  One wasn't accurate enough for her and she appropriated one of mine.  Then I put some money into it for a DP Pro and the slide milling/cerakoting and that little sucker is a tack driver.  But, she ultimately decided it was too heavy and too big to carry all the time (she's not very large and she wears dresses most of the time when she's out and about) so that one came back to me, too.  She now carries an M&P PC Shield in 9MM and really likes it.

People usually say the steel framed Compacts have less recoil than the aluminum framed models, too.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline Hillbilly357

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 08:27:40 PM »
The PCR is a pleasure to carry. I also have a steel frame, (91190) compact. It feels so solid, and is really good to shoot. Never had any problem with either.

Offline Mifune326

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 08:27:45 AM »
I handled the PCR and the all steel Compact late last week in a LGS.  I was a little disappointed when I picked up the Compact and the underside of the Beaverton dug into my hand.  I really wanted to like that pistol.  I found the PCR was super comfortable and ergonomic.  But it made my choice pretty easy.