Author Topic: P-10C/P-07 front sight?  (Read 879 times)

Offline dpsk

P-10C/P-07 front sight?
« on: July 27, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »
I'd like to replace the front sights on my P-10C and P-07.  It appears as if they're both the same type/size/height on both pistols.  What height should I order to retain the same PoA/PoI with the new sight?  Any tips on removing/installing a new front sight?  Also, any recommendations for a good high vis/contrast front sight that people have had good luck with?  The stock rear sights are fine, just wanting a front sight that really pops out.   

Offline 2morechains

Re: P-10C/P-07 front sight?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 09:51:41 PM »
Dawson Precision is my go-to for handgun sights.  My personal preference is fiber optic and blacked out rear.  I changed my P10Cs sights right after the initial function test to make the sure the gun was a keeper. 

Removing the front sight is pretty simple.  Chuck the slide in a vice with padded jaws, then drive out the roll pin that holds the front sight in place. Using a block of wood or something that won’t mar your slide, put the block on top of the slide up against the back of the front site and tap it out with a mallet, knocking it out towards the muzzle. 

New front sights might need some minor fitting.  If I can’t push it in at least half way by hand, I’ll sand a little off the bottom (drag the bottom of the dovetail over a piece of sand paper) until you can insert it halfway.  Then tap it in the rest of the way using a block to cushion the sight blade from the hammer.  Replace the roll pin.  I like to add a drop of red locktite to the dovetail as added security. 

Easy-peasy, it’s a 10 min job.  I also replaced my rear sight, and bought the set for the P10C on Cajun Gunwork’s website. 

As far as height for the stock rear sight, I’d have to measure the original sight.  Dawson’s measurements are from the top of the slide to the top of the sight blade in inches (not metric).  CZ measures in metric. 

Offline dpsk

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 12:21:43 AM »
Dawson Precision is my go-to for handgun sights.  My personal preference is fiber optic and blacked out rear.  I changed my P10Cs sights right after the initial function test to make the sure the gun was a keeper. 

Removing the front sight is pretty simple.  Chuck the slide in a vice with padded jaws, then drive out the roll pin that holds the front sight in place. Using a block of wood or something that won’t mar your slide, put the block on top of the slide up against the back of the front site and tap it out with a mallet, knocking it out towards the muzzle. 

New front sights might need some minor fitting.  If I can’t push it in at least half way by hand, I’ll sand a little off the bottom (drag the bottom of the dovetail over a piece of sand paper) until you can insert it halfway.  Then tap it in the rest of the way using a block to cushion the sight blade from the hammer.  Replace the roll pin.  I like to add a drop of red locktite to the dovetail as added security. 

Easy-peasy, it’s a 10 min job.  I also replaced my rear sight, and bought the set for the P10C on Cajun Gunwork’s website. 

As far as height for the stock rear sight, I’d have to measure the original sight.  Dawson’s measurements are from the top of the slide to the top of the sight blade in inches (not metric).  CZ measures in metric. 

Thanks very much for the detailed response!

Offline jpeto

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 12:59:47 AM »
Not sure about the p-10c but the P-07 has an Alan screw holding it in,not a roll pin. Still though it's very easy to change.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline GaryCZ

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 07:47:26 AM »
I really like the Night Fision sights.

anything