Author Topic: TriStar C100 .380  (Read 984 times)

Offline NoGoodLoser

TriStar C100 .380
« on: January 18, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »
There is a like new TriStar C100 in .380 sitting at my local gun store. I'd probably already have it if it weren't for my concerns about magazines.  It only comes with one and I can't locate any more.  Anyone have suggestions?

Offline vulcan73

Re: TriStar C100 .380
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 08:00:42 AM »
I don't have a specific source for these mags, I could only suggest you contact TriStar and get their take on extra mags and set up searches on the usual web sites; however, I do have the C100 in 380 and I can tell you this, she's a tack driver.  I acquired mine as a high capacity 380 for my shooting partner but quickly learned how great and accurate of a gun it is.  The C100 in 9mm quickly followed and it too is a super accurate shooting 9mm.  I completed my C100 collection yesterday (Feb 27, 2019) with the C100 in 40 S&W.  I'll be taking the '40 to the range today and see how it does.

FYI:  The 380 magazine is a 9mm magazine with a spacer so that the 380 rounds sit uniformly in the stack like any round of any caliber.  With some imagination, you might be able to make a spacer in a 9mm magazine.  The 9mm magazine does snap into position and ejects in the 380 frame.  The C100's magazines are made by Mec-Gar so you could try going direct to them.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 09:00:46 PM »
My recommendation is get the 9mm version.  If just a range gun and you are concerned about recoil, the get one of the steel frame versions.  9mm is a soft shooter, more available mags from MecGar, less expensive ammo,..

Offline schragman

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 09:46:09 PM »
I don't have a specific source for these mags, I could only suggest you contact TriStar and get their take on extra mags and set up searches on the usual web sites; however, I do have the C100 in 380 and I can tell you this, she's a tack driver.  I acquired mine as a high capacity 380 for my shooting partner but quickly learned how great and accurate of a gun it is.  The C100 in 9mm quickly followed and it too is a super accurate shooting 9mm.  I completed my C100 collection yesterday (Feb 27, 2019) with the C100 in 40 S&W.  I'll be taking the '40 to the range today and see how it does.

FYI:  The 380 magazine is a 9mm magazine with a spacer so that the 380 rounds sit uniformly in the stack like any round of any caliber.  With some imagination, you might be able to make a spacer in a 9mm magazine.  The 9mm magazine does snap into position and ejects in the 380 frame.  The C100's magazines are made by Mec-Gar so you could try going direct to them.
   Thanks for your input, as I have the 380 model, have contacted; Tristar, Mec-Gar and Canik and all have basically shooed me off to another place to search for magazines. This is a fantastic handgun with very low recoil (a good thing for the minor arthritis I have developed). The question I have still remains, where the hell to get magazines! lol  Question 2 if you dont mind. Since you have the 9mm and the 380, do your 9mm magazines lock properly into your 380? (I was refered to one by Canik and of course they were sold out). Second, I noted the spacer you mentioned in the magazines I do have, would you happen to know where to buy something along those lines to snap in etc if the 9mm magazines actually fit and function. This is an old thread so hopefully you see this, as I would greatly appreciate any/all help here. She came with the two, but I am never comfortable with just two working magazines for a semi auto handgun. Thanks in advance!