Author Topic: Best optic for the CZ Scorpion EVO S1 Carbine  (Read 7648 times)

Offline VA shooter

Best optic for the CZ Scorpion EVO S1 Carbine
« on: August 02, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »
I was thinking of something along the lines of some type of 1 power but I'm not 100% sure.

Offline Thunderstick

Re: Best optic for the CZ Scorpion EVO S1 Carbine
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 02:57:33 PM »
Answers will be all over the board based on price and intended use.   I shoot IDPA with mine so I don't need "precision".    I found the Sig Romeo5 red dot on sale for $120 and it's worked perfect for me so far!

Offline CascadeMan

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 07:12:46 PM »
I’m gonna give the Holosun HS403R a try. Includes low mount and 1/3 co witness mount depending on what iron sights you’re using. I’ve heard good things about both the Sig Romeo and Holosun.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 07:18:10 PM by CascadeMan »

Offline sboone

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 08:28:33 PM »
I started with a primary arms blemish red dot black friday special, upgraded to the Vortex Razor Reflex. The reflex is a great light weight sight IMO but some of the new generations of red dots like the aimpoint ACRO are the future  being basically a sealed up reflex.  If I grt another red dot it will probably be something along those lines.  Additionally the PA cyclops is a good option for people with eye problems that star burst a normal red dot

Offline Trooper894

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 08:33:13 PM »
+1 for the Holosun HS503gu. The 2MOA dot works well for distance (100+ yards) and the 65 MOA circle is perfect for quick snap shooting and house clearing in a shoot house. Had one on an HK MP5 & on my backup Scopion pistol w/brace for a PC Carbine/SubGun class in June. 1200 rds in 2 days, high heat, humidity and rain & the sights worked perfectly. Great battery life, never turned off throughout weekend and plenty of intensity adjustment.
Honor - Doing what's right, even if no one is watching.

Offline AUG41

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 10:59:18 PM »
Do you have astigmatism?

Offline Maynard

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 11:49:39 PM »
Do you have astigmatism?

That's a really important question because if you do, a RDS will probably not be the best choice.

An etched reticle works better with astigmatism, If you do have an astigmatism the dot in a RDS will not look like a dot at all. My corrective lenses help with the dot quite a bit though as I have the astigmatism condition.

TwelveFourTwo

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 12:19:12 AM »
I switch between a vortex venom and a Romeo 5. I just like the look of both and they’re reasonably priced. I have slight astigmatism and the dot appears as a small starburst but not too bad.

When I stop being cheap, I’ll probably get an MRO with low mount and make it permanent.

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 05:57:54 AM »
Romeo 5, best buck bang for the win.
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline AUG41

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 02:02:15 PM »
I have slight astigmatism too and quality makes a difference. What is a small dot wit a little bit of starburst in my Venom, 503, TRS25, Romeo 5 And Romeo 4 dual reticle is a very slight comet on my Aimpoint Micros and MRO’s. Green dots don’t work at all for me.

I prefer LPVO like my Trijicon TR24G’s and TR-25 mildot and green triangle post, and my Steiner PX4.
It’s great to have a true 1x LPVO to use like a red dot and still be able to go 4x or 6x or more. No batteries  too in the accupoints

Offline Rogal Dorn

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 03:38:24 PM »
 I would like to see PA develop ACSS geared around 9mm 115g. I’m probably going to get a Holosun w/ the circle dot for the next sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 05:08:18 PM »
I have slight astigmatism too and quality makes a difference. What is a small dot wit a little bit of starburst in my Venom, 503, TRS25, Romeo 5 And Romeo 4 dual reticle is a very slight comet on my Aimpoint Micros and MRO’s. Green dots don’t work at all for me.

I prefer LPVO like my Trijicon TR24G’s and TR-25 mildot and green triangle post, and my Steiner PX4.
It’s great to have a true 1x LPVO to use like a red dot and still be able to go 4x or 6x or more. No batteries  too in the accupoints

I have an astigmatism as well and I turn down the brightness intensity of all red/green dot/circle dot sights then they work great for me.
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline AUG41

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 06:48:30 PM »
Good tip it increases accuracy the smaller the dot is as well.
Another trick is to look at the dot through the aperture of a rear sight.

Offline ARP

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 02:33:54 PM »
I’m gonna give the Holosun HS403R a try. Includes low mount and 1/3 co witness mount depending on what iron sights you’re using. I’ve heard good things about both the Sig Romeo and Holosun.

Psssst....they are the same sight with a different name. The Holosun has more options, the 403b has the auto on/off feature with adjustable timer a d dimmer adjustment.

Offline Handloader109

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 06:38:57 PM »
Holosun on mine, like the circle.  Romeo is different sight..... got a 5 on another gun, both work well