Author Topic: Trigger replacements, what’s available  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Axam86

Trigger replacements, what’s available
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:31:35 PM »
I just got a evo and like it very much other than the hard trigger pull. 
Any good options?

Offline ARP

Re: Trigger replacements, what’s available
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »
Yup, it's a cheap fix for an HBIndustries trigger spring kit. Brings it down to the 5lb range. Check you tube or HB Industries site for a how to swap the springs out.

Offline Handloader109

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »
Same response here, for under $20 get a spring from hb industries.  Soo much better.  Not too light, not nearly as heavy as stock. 

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 06:48:41 PM »
Third ditto for the HBI spring.
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline tgoldie00

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 08:47:45 AM »
will add that while in there replacing the springs, if you aren't in love with the trigger shape, reach, or feel, HBI has multiple options for trigger shoes to fix one or all of your preferential needs.  I went with the 5mm THETA forward trigger and that uses a little leverage to further reduce felt spring weight (in tandem with the kit) as well as moving the flat-faced trigger 5mm forwards (made it trigger reach feel more like my AR to me).

One thing to note if you change the springs/trigger shoe, etc....

note that the 3mm Hex that needs to be removed strips VERY easily.  HBI has a replacement on the site with other small parts for a few $, or they can be had at a local/big box hardware store...but before you even attempt install, be prepared to drill it out and replace it (either way replace, even if you don't have to drill) would be my recommendation.  The hex is secured with blue loctite, but the receiver is poly, so if there is too much goop in there, heating is not the first choice I would make to loosen (I drilled mine out and replaced it).

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 09:38:58 AM »
Another option is shooterselement.com. They offer the usual HBI spring kit and accessories, plus their own trigger design for use in the CZ Scorpion.  If you would prefer to have the work done for you rather than do it yourself, they also offer a a trigger polish job for a very reasonable price. All you do is to mail your trigger pack to them, they perform the work, and mail it back to you, usually in a week or less. As a bonus, they will also install for free, any part or upgrade that you buy or supply to them, to your trigger pack while they are performing the polish job.

I highly recommend shooters element. 

Offline AUG41

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 01:06:30 PM »
I asked the same question recently-think it’s on page 2. Anyway I did the HBI spring and polished the parts necessary. Result is better but still a meh for me. Don’t get me wrong the lighter pull weight and smoothness are appreciated and are a big improvement over the factory trigger but reset and travel aren’t where I want it to be. The break point is a little vague. Similar results to a factory milspec AR trigger with JP 3lb springs and a polish job. Good but not great specially when you are used to Velocity, CMC and Geissele single stage triggers. I am still leaning towards the CZCustom single stage though the shooting sight seems quite good. My only 2 stage rifle triggers are the factory Sig556 and a LaRue MBT. I don’t shoot them as well as my single stage triggers. From point blank to 600 plus yards I do better with my single stagers.

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 10:19:10 AM »
The ShootingSight trigger is a total replacement that is a 2-stage.  So it is a more expensive option than the others out there, but nothing else will get you a 2-stage trigger.

At the end of the day, 1-stage versus 2-stage is a personal preference.  Both can be done well, both can be done poorly.  The SIG556 mentioned above had a poor 2-stage trigger from the factory.  The M1 Garand and M14 had great 2-stage triggers from the factory.

Offline Reloadingman

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 09:45:28 PM »
Any feedback on the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger?
US Army First Sergeant Retired, DAV, NRA Life Member

Offline bobwire

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2019, 06:33:33 PM »
I got the CZ Custom shop trigger, I know it's spendy but the reset is crazy short.

Offline Castle888@gmail.com

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 07:35:26 PM »
Just got my evo3 s2 and I also want to do the hbi trigger spring job.  What would be the best way to remove the trigger screw?  My buddy suggested to use a soldering iron to heat up the screw, maybe loosens up Loctite a little?  I even called hbi and they said use a good quality t handle Allen wrench.  I’ll order the screw set also, for just in case.   I’ll think I’ll end up stripping it. Thoughts?  I’m confident on doing the install, I think the hardest part is removing that trigger screw. 

Offline CZCharlie

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 08:55:25 PM »
Just got my evo3 s2 and I also want to do the hbi trigger spring job.  What would be the best way to remove the trigger screw?  My buddy suggested to use a soldering iron to heat up the screw, maybe loosens up Loctite a little?  I even called hbi and they said use a good quality t handle Allen wrench.  I’ll order the screw set also, for just in case.   I’ll think I’ll end up stripping it. Thoughts?  I’m confident on doing the install, I think the hardest part is removing that trigger screw.

I stripped mine pretty easily. Had to use a set of needlenose vice grips to loosen it. The screw turned enough to release the trigger pack, but was still held captive in the lower as there was a giant glob of loctite on the end of the screw. Pulled the screw out and replaced it with the HBI screw. All is well now.

Offline OnlyHereForEE

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 10:56:19 AM »
Hb industries as mentioned. Good company, good parts and run by very nice people

The spring kit makes a world of difference

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 11:42:19 AM »
I also opted for the CZ Custom shop trigger and chose to have them install AND tune it. As noted earlier, yes it was a bit spendy but it also is exactly what I was looking for in a trigger.

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 06:16:18 PM »
If you add some shims to the trigger pack to reduce the trigger's travel fore/aft, in addition to the HBi springs, you can really clean up the trigger.

Both are quite easy and covered in various threads on this subforum.

anything