Author Topic: Trigger replacements, what’s available  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Thunderstick

Re: Trigger replacements, what’s available
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 10:13:45 PM »
Great videos available on YouTube.   And yes, it's as easy as they show in the video

Offline Chino1956

• Retired USAF Senior NCO (23 Yrs)
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 08:35:25 PM »
HBI SPRING KIT.......just follow the You Tube video and it’s a piece of cake.  All I’ve ever done with a weapon was shoot and clean.  First time EVER to do anything other than sight adjustments.  While I was at it I put on a HBI duckbill mag release, HBI Theta forward trigger, HBI extended charging handle and a Yetiwurks pistol grip.  All works well on my favorite range toy  ;D

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 08:20:16 PM »
Yup - just installed the HBI reduced spring kit and Theta trigger, and it's definitely easy. Don't be intimidated to do it yourself. Huge difference in the trigger feel.

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 08:13:18 PM »
Any feedback on the Franklin Armory Binary Trigger?

I have about 800 rds down range with the new Franklin Armory trigger in my Scorpion pistol.  It's is a well built unit, in its own trigger housing so the install was a breeze.  I hated the super heavy pull so I swapped out the trigger spring to an HBi spring...Now we're talking! Same weight on pull as on release.

Offline AUG41

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 10:41:27 AM »
Any link to the information on the shims?

Offline pipedreams

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »
Just got my evo3 s2 and I also want to do the hbi trigger spring job.  What would be the best way to remove the trigger screw?  My buddy suggested to use a soldering iron to heat up the screw, maybe loosens up Loctite a little?  I even called hbi and they said use a good quality t handle Allen wrench.  I’ll order the screw set also, for just in case.   I’ll think I’ll end up stripping it. Thoughts?  I’m confident on doing the install, I think the hardest part is removing that trigger screw.

A good T handle Allen wrench and be sure it's fully seated in the screw,  did 2 weapons without a problem.  Also be sure it is metric, some have not realized that and caused them problems.  Yes order the screw set and replace the original.  If your replacing the spring do yourself a favor and do the trigger also, saves taking it apart again.  HIB offers some good choices, be sure to watch the video a couple time first.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:44:06 PM by pipedreams »