Author Topic: CZ compact mag price  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Kenneth07ex

CZ compact mag price
« on: August 05, 2019, 03:20:13 PM »
Hi all, I just ordered a NIB P01. Looking at picking up some spare mags. From a quick search, it looks like the Mec-gar 15 round mags are going to be the cheapest. I've found some for $24.95 at Ben Stoeger. So far that's the best deal I've found. Anybody else have these in stock for a better price? Maybe save a little on free shipping or coupon codes?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 03:36:55 PM by Kenneth07ex »

Offline Texas377

Re: CZ compact mag price
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 05:07:03 PM »
Galati International out of Missouri.  Looks like the same price you quoted.

https://www.galatiinternational.com/cz75-compact-p-01-pcr-15-round-high-cap-flush-fit-magazine-mecgar.html
CZ Compact PCR
Sig Sauer P320
Ruger LCP
Others, etc.

Offline nettle

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 06:44:51 PM »

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 06:48:49 PM »
^^gregcotellc.com for the win.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Texas377

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:02:12 PM »
I have bought mags here. Good folks to deal with.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-75-compact-cz-pcr-cz-p01-p9-compact-14-rd-mgcz7514b-p-589.html

Heard many good comments about Greg Cote on several different forums.  I've never purchased any magazines from them.  The OP stated that he wanted 15 round (the ones with blue followers) magazines.  Those in your link were less expensive, but only 14 rounds.  I was pleasantly surprised when my new PCR was delivered with 15 rounders.
CZ Compact PCR
Sig Sauer P320
Ruger LCP
Others, etc.

Offline Kenneth07ex

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 07:29:46 PM »
I have bought mags here. Good folks to deal with.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-75-compact-cz-pcr-cz-p01-p9-compact-14-rd-mgcz7514b-p-589.html

Heard many good comments about Greg Cote on several different forums.  I've never purchased any magazines from them.  The OP stated that he wanted 15 round (the ones with blue followers) magazines.  Those in your link were less expensive, but only 14 rounds.  I was pleasantly surprised when my new PCR was delivered with 15 rounders.
I'm thinking that by the time I bought the base pads. The price would be similar. And of course there's the extra round. Now if they were genuine cz mags, it might be different. Just went through the ol, "the mec-gar mags are just as good", with a new Beretta. Those weren't anywhere near the same. Good enough to keep, but not as good as factory. I'll just have to try these to find out.

Don't know how these will stack up against factory mags. But owning lots of mec-gar mags, I'm not worried. Performance wise, they'll be just fine. And at almost half the price. But I've got just enough OCD to want to keep them all the same. But since I'm not about to spend nearly forty bucks. My other option might be to make em all mec-gar fifteen rounds, and not look back. I appreciate the suggestions. Maybe someone will have a free shipping code, or something to even it out a bit.

Offline nettle

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 09:31:37 PM »
Sounds good. It would be interesting to know your final decision when you purchase. For CZ the only choice is Mec-Gar. No matter who sells the CZ mags. I have both CZ branded mags and Mec-Gar branded mags. Mec-Gar made both. 

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 03:00:16 PM »
Just my .02 but I would get the 17 round mags that are priced around $22. That way you can use in the full size CZ you will eventually buy (if you don't have one) and still use them in the P-01 at the range, the only difference is they will protrude slightly. You have the flush fit ones for daily carry.

Offline Kenneth07ex

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 10:59:50 AM »
Sounds good. It would be interesting to know your final decision when you purchase. For CZ the only choice is Mec-Gar. No matter who sells the CZ mags. I have both CZ branded mags and Mec-Gar branded mags. Mec-Gar made both.

Got the 15 round mec-gar mags yesterday. I have to say that I'm very pleased with them. They seem to be about the same quality as the factory mags. Which doesn't surprise me since they probably make a lot of the factory mags. But I've experienced poor quality mec-gar mags before. Although I have LOTS of mec-gar mags, that are excellent quality. These blue follower mags will be my mag of choice for this pistol.