Author Topic: Sights to replace original on P-01  (Read 337 times)

Offline Double Tap

Sights to replace original on P-01
« on: August 10, 2019, 05:40:32 PM »
I have an early production P-01 and anyone who has ever fired one knows that the sights are worse than horrible.

I would like to replace them with something better. I think fiber optic rather than night sights.

What brand do you recommend and what do you think is a fair price for a gunsmith to install them if I purchase them from a different source?

Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline viking499

Re: Sights to replace original on P-01
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 05:53:22 PM »
Get sights from either CGW or Dawson.

Offline J Lee

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 08:11:48 PM »
EZ/D 9-40 Fiber Optic Sight Set from Cajun, made by Dawson.
James

Offline Double Tap

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 03:25:23 PM »
EZ/D 9-40 Fiber Optic Sight Set from Cajun, made by Dawson.
I just spoke with Cajun, they said that since the gun will be my EDC go with the low profile instead of the ED/Z because the ED/Z sits back further and has sharper edges.

If it was going to be a range gun then ED/Z would be the better choice.

I have been looking for a coupon code but can't find one that works, does anyone here have one?

Thanks

Online sfost24688

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 12:58:41 PM »
Not sure if you saw these or not but I have these sights on my P01 and my PCR. I love them easy to see during the day and the night sights work great. They list them on the website for $170 or $180 but you can get them on amazon for under $110 bucks delivered. Here is the part number for the P01
TG13CZ1PC  They also make them for the P10 as well. There isn’t to many options for the 75 variants but I found I personally like these the best. I did the fiber optic up front at first and it was only slightly better than the stock in my opinion. Good luck in your adventures. If you’d like to see how the sights look on the pistol PM me and when I get home I’ll snap a few pics. 

http://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tfx-pro-handgun-sights.asp

Offline DJ45

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 11:51:30 PM »
I replaced my original factory sights with TruGlo TFX's on my P-01 Omega.  They're outstanding.  Super bright in the sun and a nice bright glow at night.

I have to say though, getting the rear sight to break loose was a ROYAL PITA.  A ridiculously difficult effort that I hope I never have to repeat.  I don't know what in the hell they stuck that rear sight on with, but CZ, C'MON MAN!

Offline viking499

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 03:11:13 PM »
I replaced my original factory sights with TruGlo TFX's on my P-01 Omega.  They're outstanding.  Super bright in the sun and a nice bright glow at night.

I have to say though, getting the rear sight to break loose was a ROYAL PITA.  A ridiculously difficult effort that I hope I never have to repeat.  I don't know what in the hell they stuck that rear sight on with, but CZ, C'MON MAN!

I would rather have trouble getting one broke loose than not able to keep one tight.

Things could always be better, but, they could also be worse.

Offline WestTexan

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 11:25:29 PM »
I’ve got the TFX pro’s on my Pcr but I’m running the Dawson carry low profile black rears with fiber optic front on my P01 Omega and for range sights I prefer them over the TFX sights.
https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-cz-p-01-carry-fixed-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/

Offline Double Tap

« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:32:59 AM »
I’ve got the TFX pro’s on my Pcr but I’m running the Dawson carry low profile black rears with fiber optic front on my P01 Omega and for range sights I prefer them over the TFX sights.
https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-cz-p-01-carry-fixed-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/
If I keep the pistol (most likely) rather then sell it I will go with the TFX because this is one of my two EDC's.