Author Topic: 75 Transitional model trigger pull help  (Read 2741 times)

Offline spiritinaz045

75 Transitional model trigger pull help
« on: August 17, 2019, 04:16:27 PM »
I have a CZ 75 transitional model that has a CGW ultra-lite kit, and T1 Disconnector. I have polished everything to include the  trigger bar lifter spring grooves. I am well versed on the CZ 75, and have done trigger jobs on two other pre-B 75, an SP-01 tactical, P-01, and shadow 2 all have excellent triggers.

Where I am at now is double action is butter smooth all the way through with no stacking, single action is nice and crisp just under 4 lbs. But the double action is 12.5 lbs. I have checked the trigger bar lifter spring tension, and smoothed the inner frame where the trigger bar rides, sides and back shelf.

I am at a loss as to why the trigger pull is no lighter than stock? Usually just the ultra-lite kit makes a huge difference. I only use the blue 13# springs as they have been good enough in the past.
I am going to install a reduced weight trigger return spring toady, but i don't expect any change.
The gun has the old style safety, and no firing pin block. Installing the sear cage is somewhat harder than normal, needs to be pushed down much harder than my other guns to go all the way back into place.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Offline spiritinaz045

Re: 75 Transitional model trigger pull help
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 10:49:10 PM »
Update: I replaced the trigger return spring with the CGW reduced power spring with no noticeable change.
I also had a white 11.5# hammer spring from a ultra-lite kit I had purchased from CGW in the past. I never installed it before as the 13# spring has always reduced the double action pull enough.
After installing the 11.5# spring dam the double action is now very lite, and now feels like it would not detonate any primer hard or soft. I may take it out and shoot it to see.
I still cannot figure out why 1.5 lbs of spring difference, and its like I have the stock spring in it.
makes it very difficult to shoot smoothly in D/A. 

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 12:09:44 AM »
Sounds like something els is going on, though i am not sure what.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 12:24:51 AM »
Update: I replaced the trigger return spring with the CGW reduced power spring with no noticeable change.
I also had a white 11.5# hammer spring from a ultra-lite kit I had purchased from CGW in the past. I never installed it before as the 13# spring has always reduced the double action pull enough.
After installing the 11.5# spring dam the double action is now very lite, and now feels like it would not detonate any primer hard or soft. I may take it out and shoot it to see.
I still cannot figure out why 1.5 lbs of spring difference, and its like I have the stock spring in it.
What was the trigger pull on the 11.5 hammer spring?

Could be a mis-labelled 13# hammer spring?

Can you swap a blue spring from another gun and see?

Offline spiritinaz045

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 03:10:41 PM »

Shame on me it was a white 8.5# spring with a 5.5# D/A pull. I went to the Cajun website to see what other spring options I had, and noticed that I was wrong.
I have also tried a black 11.5# and its not great either.
This is a 1994 transitional model, I have a 1986 Pre-B spur hammer, with blue 13# spring that is nice smooth and very light 8.25# D/A, just trying to get this one close.
I guess I will put a few hundred rounds through it and see what happens.

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 09:31:01 PM »

Shame on me it was a white 8.5# spring with a 5.5# D/A pull. I went to the Cajun website to see what other spring options I had, and noticed that I was wrong.
This is a 1994 transitional model, I have a 1986 Pre-B spur hammer, with blue 13# spring that is nice smooth and very light 8.25# D/A, just trying to get this one close.

Honestly I would call Cajun. I know a decent amount but whenever I struggle I always call them. They are so helpful.
And then post what the issue was. I'm curious.

Offline spiritinaz045

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 02:51:37 AM »

Honestly I would call Cajun. I know a decent amount but whenever I struggle I always call them. They are so helpful.
And then post what the issue was. I'm curious.

I have called them in the past, as I had to fit a disco on a pre=B very nice people who fully support the great products that they make no doubt. I just would feel bad calling for something that is not a fault of their product. I am going to dry fire the crap out of it along with firing a few hundred rounds. If its still not on par with the other 75's I have I will call them and beg for help.

Offline spiritinaz045

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 12:33:13 PM »
So I am now down to 11 lbs on the D/A trigger pull after just over 500 D/A dry fires, I lost count.
It has loosened up a pound and a half, still not as good as my other CZ's. I think If I want any more I will have to replace the hammer with a competition one.
Since I have other 75's with the CGW race hammer, and CZC Completion hammers I believe I am done tinkering with it.
It's not bad I just thought it could be better I am sure Jerry Miculek would have no problems with it. the plus side of it is that the S/A has become really good.

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 01:58:00 PM »
I'm really curious about this. No explanation?
My DA on CZ's usually end being around 6 pounds. (race hammer, blue hammer spring, reduced trigger spring, lots of polishing)

Have you tried burnishing the hammer?
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=94839.15

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
Did you polish the hammer strut?  Is the main spring binding on it?  Maybe the thicker wire on the 13 lb spring is binding on the strut due to some burr or something?

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline spiritinaz045

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 03:47:33 PM »
Thanks all for the good suggestions!

So I have polished the sear cage, trigger bar to include where the trigger bar spring rides, all pin holes, sides of hammer trigger, hammer strut, and inside the frame. The Trigger bar spring has been adjusted IAW CGW guidance.

Action is very smooth absolutely no stacking same all the way through.
parts changed Trigger pin, firing pin & spring, hammer spring to a 13#, and the disco all parts are CGW.

I have come to the conclusion that its the original ring hammer and a stack up of tolerances. I have no doubt that a CGW or CZC hammer will give me what I want, I just am not ready to go further with this gun yet. I have other projects taking up funds, mainly a S&W 629 for hunting. 

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 06:04:36 PM »
Can you confirm that the trigger bar spring is riding correctly in the channels on the bottom of the trigger bar?

Take off one of the grip panels to see.

I've had that happen before. The spring jammed up between bar and frame.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:55:07 PM by Underwhere »

Offline spiritinaz045

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2019, 03:30:56 PM »
Can you confirm that the trigger bar spring is riding correctly in the channels on the bottom of the trigger bar?

Take off one of the grip panels to see.

I've had that happen before. The spring jammed up between bar and frame.

Yes it is correctly riding in the polished channels, I had that problem before and know it well.
I had to call CGW to obtain the correct adjustment for the spring.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2019, 07:23:36 PM »
I would swap in the hammer from one of the other guns and check pull weight.

Offline spiritinaz045

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 02:16:37 PM »
I would swap in the hammer from one of the other guns and check pull weight.

Okay when I get a chance I will swap in the spur hammer from my 1986 gun so it will be Pre-B against Pre-B.
Not sure how it is going to work out as both have a lot of rounds through them, I believe I may have sear issues? anyone know for sure?
I really don't want to get into fitting a sear, if I screw one up.