Author Topic: MY new 805, and accoutrements  (Read 2289 times)

Offline the war wagon

• Mafioso of the Apocalypse
MY new 805, and accoutrements
« on: August 23, 2019, 09:58:40 PM »
Believe it or not... I'd NEVER heard of the 805, until a few months ago.   :o

I'm nominally up-to-date on AR's, primarily (and 1911's, but we'll table that for now...  ;) ), and had been leaning more and more towards building an AR pistol the past few years.  And suddenly - THIS appeared on my favorite local shoppe's FAZEbook page back on April 10!

I INSTANTLY fell in love, and decided I had to have it!  I started looking at a couple of AR's, and some under-the-mattress-money to trade towards it... and like THAT: it was sold!   :'( :'( :'(

I resolved to learn everything I could about this beauty, and started researching prices EVERYWHERE (and I can see why this one went FAST - it WAS a good price!).

So I'm researching for a month, running prices everywhere, and finally scrape together enough pocket change, to get one for around $1,500.  So the day I'm READY to, ahem, pull the trigger... a "Buy-it-NOW" auction for a NiB model pops up on G-B, for $1,378!
SOLD!   ;D

I already had an Aimpoint T-1 2moa optic waiting for it.  Had to add a few other items, LIKE:

- KNS M-lok lower rail & siderails

- KNS knurled charging handle

- GG&G absolute co-witness mount for the T-1

- Magpul M-lok light rail

- Inforce WML 400 lumen weaponlight

- SBT805 folding brace (got a decent deal on a used one off G-B)

- Magpul M-lok handstop, ladders

- Troy (full-size) BUIS

So now I need something to tote it around in.  I wanted something discreet, since it is a 'fold-able' package.  For my MONEY... WRB out of Texas made the nicest case.  I went with the 25 1/2" case, JUST so I didn't get one too small.  In retrospect, I think the 23" case might've worked as well.

I ESPECIALLY like, that the mag pouches are on the INSIDE, so it doesn't SCREAM - DISCREET WEAPON CASE, RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!   ::)
  You get two (2) dual mag cases, a suppressor pouch (don't have one, so I stuck a CaT in there - seems a GOOD thing to have handy when shooting!  I have two more on my chest rig), and that clear ID pouch, for any paperwork.  And all that's Velcro adjustable, as are the weapon tie-downs, as you can see below.

SPEAKING of toting it around... I needed a sling... but which to get?

Trying to run a sling through the factory sling mounts was TIGHT... & eyeballing even the bulge at the top, I knew that would be awfully tight for even an HK clip.  So I took a chance, on having a Vickers BFG sling custom built for it.

NEVER had a padded sling before - I run Tactical Link and Gear Sector slings on my rifles, and have had good service with both brands.  Couldn't WAIT for it to arrive, and it did NOT disappoint - the quality is self evident.

I went with the MASH hooks, since they looked thinner; it looked like it would work well with the thin sling mounts.

It LOOKED good, and the sling FELT good, BUUUUUUT...  the MASH hooks kept binding.  They WEREN'T gonna hurt the mount, but it would've ground the hooks down eventually.   :-\   So I had to let the sling go.

CONSEQUENTLY, I went back to what I KNOW works - even with the HK clips.  And now it sports a Gear Sector 2pt. sling.
And I think it MIGHT be complete!

And yeah, I moved the charging handle to the OTHER side.  On the left (being a righty), it was getting hung up in my chest rig.  So to the AK side it went!

It HAS been to the range - reminds me of a classic '60's muscle car.  It's LOUD, you could flash fry a hotdog in the muzzle blast, you could cook the fries on the front of it, when it starts heating up (shooting gloves are a MUST by the end of two 30rd. mags!); it's heavy, barks like an angry rhino, and runs like a dream.

And it's dead-nuts ACCURATE at CQB range with M193, which is PRECISELY what I wanted it for!   ;D

Oh - and LIKE a good muscle car, it scared the (scatological reference redacted) out of everybody at the range...  8)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:37:25 PM by the war wagon, Reason: CLARIFIED, some colorful metaphors... ;-) »
- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Offline Brenfan

Re: MY new 805, and accoutrements
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 10:04:55 PM »
Shes by far the smoothest shooting, hardly any recoil rifle I've shot.
Talkin about staying on target!
It's so very hard to beat this weapon imo

Offline FelonyJo

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 01:59:07 PM »
Congrats! This is an amazing weapon. Recently SBR’d mine with the ACR stock and adapter. She goes with me everyday to work.

Offline the war wagon

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 04:49:45 PM »
Congrats! This is an amazing weapon. Recently SBR’d mine with the ACR stock and adapter. She goes with me everyday to work.
I'm torn between SBR'ing it, and still remaining semi-'invisible' to the forces who can rescind it.  :-\

For the time BEING... the present setup suits me.   8)
- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Offline Brenfan

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 07:38:19 PM »
I do wish the SB805 was a little shorter, but it's pretty dang nice as is.

Offline CZBren805

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 10:36:19 PM »
Congrats!

Thanks for the info on the sling alternatives.  An often neglected topic but saves others a lot of trial and error.

Offline WickedSick83

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 01:08:02 PM »
I love my Bren 805 pistol. The 11.5 inch barrel is perfect for my needs, and too front heavy. Don’t get me wrong, she’s a heavy girl, but the Bren 805 is well balanced in the pistol config.

Offline BEE

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 02:24:07 AM »
Congrats with your new Bren 805.

Let me introduce you to Dan Haga Designs. He has a few 805 mods that may spark your interest like a ACR stock adapter, flat trigger, and lower receiver that allows for any AR-15 type grips.

https://danhagadesigns.com/parts/cz/

Offline the war wagon

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 10:43:25 PM »

Let me introduce you to Dan Haga Designs. He has a few 805 mods that may spark your interest like a ACR stock adapter, flat trigger, and lower receiver that allows for any AR-15 type grips.

https://danhagadesigns.com/parts/cz/
Hadn't found him in my searches so far - thanks!

Offline DDNC

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 12:51:01 PM »
I'm torn between SBR'ing it, and still remaining semi-'invisible' to the forces who can rescind it.  :-\
Put a stock on it. They are hell bent on making you a felon regardless of what’s on record, BTW the 4473 you filled out made you quite visible.

Offline the war wagon

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 04:39:10 AM »

Put a stock on it. They are hell bent on making you a felon regardless of what’s on record, BTW the 4473 you filled out made you quite visible.

How do you like that factory 805 stock?  I've heard it needs a riser to get a GOOD cheek weld.

Offline DDNC

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 01:22:04 PM »

How do you like that factory 805 stock?  I've heard it needs a riser to get a GOOD cheek weld.
Cheek weld is GTG for me. The stock/optic alignment is similar to the SAN SIGs I have. No problem with the HK416/417 BUIS either.
YMMV.

anything