Author Topic: MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.  (Read 42737 times)

Offline Rmach

MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.
« on: August 28, 2019, 06:17:58 PM »
I received two kits yesterday and installed one of them in my plain Jane CZ 75b. Their installation video came in handy a few times since this was the first time I ever installed a trigger kit in a handgun. Everything went well with the installation, but it did take me much longer than in the video, novice vs pro...lol.

After the entire installation, I checked for function and was totally impressed with the results. I don't have a professional trigger pull gauge, but my results mimic the results in the video, maybe a tad higher which is fine with me. I have two Shadow 2's and a Shadow Orange, and this new trigger compares very favorably with them.  This trigger kit transforms a $550 handgun into a $1000+ handgun IMO.  Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but you get the picture.

The final test was today at the range.  A forum member suggested firing hard primer ammo to see if I would have reliable ignition every time. I ran 100rds of S&B and 100rds of Magtech. Both brands fired perfectly and the CZ 75b ran just like my Shadow 2's and Shadow Orange, no problems.

Here's a few pics of the primer strikes from each box of ammo and the target I was firing at from 10yds.
I'm an old guy and not a competition shooter, but I'm more than pleased with this MCARBO trigger kit.   

« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 01:21:31 PM by Wobbly »

Offline EPEEIST

Re: MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 11:30:16 PM »
Thank you for the update!  I will have to order this kit and give it a try.  I have used Mcarbo springs and parts in other rifles and they have been top notch in sales and service.  I am glad to have another quality offering for the CZ pistol line!

Offline deadsh0t

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 03:25:12 AM »
Thanks for the update and good job!

That's what I wanted to know. If they work with hard primers (with a so low trigger pull), it's definitely worth trying it

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 09:48:36 AM »
That is awesome and it is a good report.
I am always open to and excited to see new companies and products that work.
I have watched the video they have and am pretty sure it is within my capabilities to do that.
I will be getting a kit and giving it a try myself.

Thank you for your report.

Good to see you were open minded enough to give it an honest try.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline deadsh0t

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 11:41:03 AM »
Any idea about the trigger pull in SA and DA? Since I pay about twice the price just for 1 pack I better buy 3 for all my CZ's but I'd like to do so if it improves the current pull.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 12:36:29 PM »
Any idea about the trigger pull in SA and DA? Since I pay about twice the price just for 1 pack I better buy 3 for all my CZ's but I'd like to do so if it improves the current pull.

I have a digital scale for weighing luggage, and It's telling me the SA is at ~2.70lb and the DA ~7lb.  I used a coat hanger for the trigger hook that I attached to the scale's hook. Before I put the kit in, I compared it to my factory stock polished stainless CZ 75b, and both handguns felt the same to me in SA and DA.  After the kit was in installed in my black CZ 75b, you can feel a big difference between the pull in SA and DA when compared to the stainless handgun, much lighter than the factory trigger. Oh, I forgot to add that I just checked the SA pull in the stainless CZ75b, and it was ~4.7lb. I couldn't get a good reading in DA because the trigger hook was popping off due to the heavier pulling.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:41:58 PM by Rmach »

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 12:49:56 PM »
necessity is the mother of invention....
nicely played - Good info

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline Rmach

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 01:05:56 PM »
I added a pic of the removed factory components.  The firing pin roll pin wasn't worn too bad considering I have at least 1500+ rounds through it.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 07:31:01 PM »
I got a super deal on five 10rd Mecgar mags that were delivered today.  That gave me a good excuse to go back to the range today to make sure the new mags functioned properly.  Same CZ75b with the MCARBO kit, and I ran another 100rds of S&B and 100 Magtech, same as yesterday. The S&B today was 124gr and yesterday was 115gr, so it was different batches of S&B.  Anyway, same results as yesterday with the exception of one failure to extract (S&B).  All the primer hits looked great. I didn't take any pics since the results are the same.  Next, I'll install the other MCARBO kit in my polished CZ75b and repeat the same exercise.  That will be next week.

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 01:33:37 PM »
Based on this thread and the accompanying review I looked up these kits and ordered 2 standard 75 kits and 2 P07/P09 kits. Gotta say, not at all impressed. I have cajun spring kits in a pcr and  P01, and full pro kits in a P01 and another P07, so far the only observation I have is my trigger reset is hit or miss. Probably pull the entire kit out and chuck it. IMHO save your money and time and but the CGW parts.
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline nonamehavei

MCARBO CZ 75b trigger spring kit review.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 05:48:40 AM »
Based on this thread and the accompanying review I looked up these kits and ordered 2 standard 75 kits and 2 P07/P09 kits. Gotta say, not at all impressed. I have cajun spring kits in a pcr and  P01, and full pro kits in a P01 and another P07, so far the only observation I have is my trigger reset is hit or miss. Probably pull the entire kit out and chuck it. IMHO save your money and time and but the CGW parts.

Frankly, I don't buy your story, not at all.  There's a huge improvement on pull weight from the stock factory springs.  There are other reviews that agree with this, and more reviews will come out soon totally discrediting your supposed results.  I have no idea what's on you agenda with your post.  A reduced spring weight is a reduced spring weight, so your claiming A CGW spring is somehow more efficient or something, doesn't make any sense. MCARBO's combination of the six components is what sets this kit apart from the others, and at $20, it's a must have unless you want the full makeover for an additional $200+.
Lol, I have no agenda, just sharing my experience, that doesn’t seem to mesh with yours, and you call me a “liar with an agenda” real classy bud. The springs that come with a Cajun kit are color coded so that I know which one is lighter and which one isn’t, the springs from the mcarbo kit are not coded or marked in any way although there is a difference in the coil thickness I don’t know what the difference is between the stock spring and the spring in the kit. Frankly once again I stated that this is “MY HUMBLE OPINION” and has nothing to Dow right your experience, or some “agenda” for all I know you work for MCARBO, and all the “other reviews that are coming out soon to disprove my experience” could be you under several ghost accounts if we are going to make ridiculous accusations. I do not have a trigger pull gauge, nor did I ever claim to, so my opinions are completely subjective and based on how the trigger feels to me. The kit I used was for the P07/P09 series as well, so unless you used the same kit I did, you are the one who is making baseless assumptions with no actual experience to back up your statement. However I can and did put my P07 with the MCARBO spring kit next to my friends P07 with a Cajun defensive spring kit, 7 other shooters at the range agreed with my assessment that the Cajun sprung gun felt like a better trigger, once again, in case any other MCARBO employees who happen to be forum members get offended, this is my OPINION and YMMMV. I also compared the MCARBO kit in my P09 vs his P09 with the full $200 kit and it was a night and day difference. So to everyone but the OP caveat emptor, to the OP glad you are enjoying yours, if you ever want to shoot a CZ with a trigger that will blow away one of these kits, come on down to N.C. and you are more than welcome to shoot some of mine.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 07:49:36 AM by nonamehavei »
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline Rmach

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 10:54:11 AM »

Frankly, I don't buy your story, not at all.  There's a huge improvement on pull weight from the stock factory springs.  There are other reviews that agree with this, and more reviews will come out soon totally discrediting your supposed results.  I have no idea what's on you agenda with your post.  A reduced spring weight is a reduced spring weight, so your claiming A CGW spring is somehow more efficient or something, doesn't make any sense. MCARBO's combination of the six components is what sets this kit apart from the others, and at $20, it's a must have unless you want the full makeover for an additional $200+.
Lol, I have no agenda, just sharing my experience, that doesn’t seem to mesh with yours, and you call me a “liar with an agenda” real classy bud. The springs that come with a Cajun kit are color coded so that I know which one is lighter and which one isn’t, the springs from the mcarbo kit are not coded or marked in any way although there is a difference in the coil thickness I don’t know what the difference is between the stock spring and the spring in the kit. Frankly once again I stated that this is “MY HUMBLE OPINION” and has nothing to Dow right your experience, or some “agenda” for all I know you work for MCARBO, and all the “other reviews that are coming out soon to disprove my experience” could be you under several ghost accounts if we are going to make ridiculous accusations. I do not have a trigger pull gauge, nor did I ever claim to, so my opinions are completely subjective and based on how the trigger feels to me. The kit I used was for the P07/P09 series as well, so unless you used the same kit I did, you are the one who is making baseless assumptions with no actual experience to back up your statement. However I can and did put my P07 with the MCARBO spring kit next to my friends P07 with a Cajun defensive spring kit, 7 other shooters at the range agreed with my assessment that the Cajun sprung gun felt like a better trigger, once again, in case any other MCARBO employees who happen to be forum members get offended, this is my OPINION and YMMMV. I also compared the MCARBO kit in my P09 vs his P09 with the full $200 kit and it was a night and day difference. So to everyone but the OP caveat emptor, to the OP glad you are enjoying yours, if you ever want to shoot a CZ with a trigger that will blow away one of these kits, come on down to N.C. and you are more than welcome to shoot some of mine.

I'll stick by what i posted. There will be many more reviews coming out in the next few months that will give this kit a 5 star rating and similar results to mine. But wait, they will all be "ghost accounts".

Also, I don't have a P09 or P07, so I have no comments on that kit, only the CZ75b. Your first post implied that you are/did install a kit in your CZ75b. This thread is about the MCARBO CZ75b trigger spring kit, not the P07 or P09 kit. I guess you felt it necessary to totally contadict my review even though you haven't installed the kit in your CZ75b. It sure looks that way, classy.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 07:30:06 PM »
Installation of the second CZ75b MCARBO kit will be delayed. I wanted to install it this afternoon, but closer inspection of my polished stainless CZ75b revealed that the stock trigger pin has large flares on both ends and should not be reused IMO.  A new CGW floating pin is on order. 

Offline Mercs

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 07:42:10 PM »
Installation of the second CZ75b MCARBO kit will be delayed. I wanted to install it this afternoon, but closer inspection of my polished stainless CZ75b revealed that the stock trigger pin has large flares on both ends and should not be reused IMO.  A new CGW floating pin is on order.
That why I wouldn’t even try these new springs, because I would always be adding CGW trigger pin anyways, and then pay shipping on both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 08:19:19 PM »
Didn't your 75B have a flared trigger pin as well?

anything