Author Topic: A new baby  (Read 538 times)

Offline mrcabinet

A new baby
« on: September 28, 2019, 11:25:57 AM »
Beretta that is. I went to a nearby gunshow last weekend (one that firearm prices are usually ridiculously high) to look for powder and primers. Maybe a project shotgun. No powder I wanted and primers were way overpriced. I did find a shotgun early but decided to look around before committing to it. That's when I found this guy, a Beretta 84BB Two Tone.

I've been keeping an eye out for one of these but prices have been pretty steep. Even considered getting a project gun from DWJ. The best part was the price. Couldn't pass it up!
No matter where you're going, there you are.

Offline v35

Re: A new baby
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 08:26:01 AM »
That's a beautiful baby!

The best part was the price. Couldn't pass it up!

It pays to know the value of things. Gun shows are usually a waste of time, but you never know when you're going to come across a great deal. When you do, pounce on it!

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 01:24:01 PM »
Couldn't pass it up? That's what a guy on GB said the other day or must have said.
He paid $3,000 for an $800 gun.
 Hey good luck with the Beretta.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline mrcabinet

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 09:56:58 PM »
Aw come on - I enjoy watching fools over pay for items on GB and Flea Bay. You do have to know going rates for what you're looking for or you can take it in the shorts very quickly. I was tickled pink to pick this up for $300 otd, even if it is thirty years old. BTW, here it is with it's bigger, albeit considerably younger, brother.

No matter where you're going, there you are.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 07:59:57 AM »
Aw come on - I enjoy watching fools over pay for items on GB and Flea Bay. You do have to know going rates for what you're looking for or you can take it in the shorts very quickly. I was tickled pink to pick this up for $300 otd, even if it is thirty years old. BTW, here it is with it's bigger, albeit considerably younger, brother.

Great deal mr. Cabinet good luck with it.
 Give us a range report when you get there
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Gregor1983

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 08:53:07 PM »
For some reason every gun store near me has a couple used Beretta in their show cases. I have always wanted one in 9mm but the prices are to much for my blood. Ill wait a year or two when people are ready to part with theirs and snag one.