Author Topic: CZ P07 slide release q  (Read 399 times)

Offline mountaineering

CZ P07 slide release q
« on: September 02, 2019, 05:54:09 PM »
had a couple of P01's where I had broken slide releases / locks (which do duel duty as a locking block).

my P07 has been purring along thru, I don't know how many thousands of rounds, its been over 2 years; i'm eyeing it like its gonna break one day, but so far so good.

can people chime in with their experience on the P07(s) regarding the slide release / lock, it seems as tho the beating the part takes on the P07 might be lessened by the polymer frame and maybe the P07's slide release / lock being made to a more durable standard?

if someone knows for sure if the slide release / lock are more robust on the P07 let me know, if you've had to replace the slide release / stop on a P07, especially let me know, and about when it failed.

thanks.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: CZ P07 slide release q
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 06:31:55 PM »
I've never broken a slide stop on ANY of my CZ's. 24,000 rounds through my 75BD on the original.Over 10,000 rounds on my PCR on the original.My P-07 has north of 12,000 rounds on it's original slide stop.
Sometimes they break for people and sometimes they just never die.
If it's a concern keep a spare on hand.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 06:42:54 PM »
I have not seen an example of a CZ P-Series slide stop breaking nor could i find an example while digging around on the web a bit.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Bigkev

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 07:51:17 PM »
I’m up to 5000 rounds in my 07 and so far no indication of any kind of problems with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vinny

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 09:13:17 PM »
I carry a spare for each of my CZ's: RAMI, P-01, P-07, P-09, Sp-01 and NEVER broke one. I shoot 25,000+ rounds/year.
Maybe it's like carrying an umbrella and it won't rain. Only rains when you forget it at home. lol
I do run the heavier stock recoil springs but fairly hot standard pressure ammo. Always careful to clean and grease the barrel block notch.

I was warned by some reloaders that a combo of light springs and +P ammo increases the risk. Dunno if this is true.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 12:49:04 AM »
I recalled that this member from South Africa had busted his P series guns in several different ways, so I looked up this post:

I broke 1 after shooting alot for 5 years, so did my training partner with his glock 19. I have 1 p07 and 2 x p09. More than 40k through my p09... I promise you its as reliable as glock.
Mine sure is more accurate than my Glock, too.

I've not had anything break on mine.  I did replace the trigger return spring, the firing pin block spring (maybe something else???) after I'd had it about 5 years.  That was only because I'd bought the CGW reduced power versions which are recommended as being more reliable than the factory springs and I finally got around to installing them in the P07's and P09's.

I had a ton of rounds through my previous gen1 p07( probably guessing more than 80k and cracked the slide, broke the extractor, broke the recoil spring and plastic shaft, broke the front insert, broke 1 firing pin, broke the firing pin stop pin and reset spring about 5 times. CZ South Africa replaced my pistol even though it was out of warranty by 3 years and I shot lead reloads

So he busted all of that stuff, including the front insert, but not the slide stop.

Pretty sure I read about somebody here breaking their slide stop on a P series, but I can't remember who.  I have thought about buying a spare slide stop but haven't done it.  I have a few thousand rounds through each of my P-07's and the slide stop finish looks a bit worn in spots, but they don't look like they are getting deformed or anything.  I mostly shoot standard pressure ammo, and usually run some fairly heavy recoil springs from ssguiderods.com at the range, although I carry with a CGW 15 lb recoil spring and also shoot with that occasionally.  I have also run some WWB 124gr NATO ammo which is not rated +P but supposedly hotter than standard pressure.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 07:40:28 AM »
Some links to info on the Winchester 9MM 124 grain FMJ NATO ammo.  This is the best grouping stuff I've run through my M&P 2.0 5"

Lucky Gunner states its +P - https://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-124-gr-fmj-nato-winchester-500-rounds

All Outdoors.com states the boxes have a higher pressure/+P type warning on the bottom of the box - https://www.alloutdoor.com/2014/10/01/winchester-9mm-nato-bulk-ammo-bad-pistol/

Gun Nuts Media states NATO ammo is loaded to higher pressures than commercial 9MM ammo - https://www.gunnuts.net/2009/04/03/9mm-nato-vs-9mm-luger/

Not saying all these folks know what they are talking about.  And, the newer CZ's, at least, should be fine with NATO ammo since that's what's available in Europe where they are made and a lot of them are in use.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline hemiram

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 05:03:07 AM »
A friend of mine broke a slide stop on his Sp-01 last year. I told him it needed a new recoil spring, I could feel the slide slamming the slide stop and I knew it wasn't good. I showed him the mark made on the pin, but he didn't seem to get it, and it broke a couple of hundred rounds later. I seem to be able to detect the slide stop being battered sooner than most people. As soon as I feel it, a new recoil spring is put in.

anything