Author Topic: AWO producing new VZ58 receivers  (Read 243 times)

Offline RSR

AWO producing new VZ58 receivers
« on: September 06, 2019, 03:34:25 AM »
Assault Weapons of Ohio (terrible name in current political climate) is apparently producing a new generation of VZ58 receivers.

After rigorous quality and functionality testing time, we've finally started production on our new VZ-58 milled receiver.

Auction starts at $275 w/ $430 buy now: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/830121020

Anyone have a feedback or review on these new receivers?

Offline EPEEIST

Re: AWO producing new VZ58 receivers
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 08:03:14 PM »
I wonder if these are the same folks that made the receivers for the Ohio Ordnance Works guns back in the day?  Thanks for the heads up and the info!

Offline RSR

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 11:44:41 PM »
They were previously named Ohio Rapid Fire (ORF) and then became AWO.  I don't know who made OOW receivers.  ORF/AWO's founder died around 2010 or so and they had some out of spec receivers as well as issues with improper heat treatment of receivers across several of varying weapon systems' receivers that they made...  I want to say the original owner's daughter or something is now running AWO.

Offline fastfr8r

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 06:48:38 PM »
Assault Weapons of Ohio (terrible name in current political climate) is apparently producing a new generation of VZ58 receivers.

Agree with this; makes me wonder how gun-centric the owners are. Hope it’s a good product...

anything