Author Topic: Excerpt of ammo quotes (CZF Kadet Klub posts)  (Read 2201 times)

Offline joerchi69

Excerpt of ammo quotes (CZF Kadet Klub posts)
« on: September 08, 2019, 01:35:24 PM »
 Every gun is a law unto itself                                                                                           Part1
     line to prequote this cluster.

To get a general idea about how what ammo works in the kadet i wildly copyd statements. Mostly i was interested in reliable ignition context. Because of my kadets light strike odyssey (https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=104837.0) . Precision is also of attention value. Quotes beginning :

The Kadet's hates Winchester Xpert because they are so poorly lubed.  Some low velocity stuff doesn't work well.  Never had a problem with hypervelocity.  The problems come from poor batches of primers.  Some lots of Federal Lightning work great, others light strike every mag.  I would say CCI has great primers and work great.  Aguila and Winchester Super X are other great choices.

I was at the range today and ran my second 250 count box of Remington 22 LR High Velocity through my Kadet conversion.  So far iv'e experienced only 1 misfire.  The round did fire though on the second pull of the trigger.  In the first 500 rounds of the Remington High Velocity I've also had zero feed problems and zero ejection problems.  For $4.75 per 250 round box at Kmart it can't be beat.  Not a

I've found that with Fedreal ammo I had a high missfire rate with the 22LR.  However with Remington very few misfires occur.

I've found that with Fedreal ammo I had a high missfire rate with the 22LR.  However with Remington very few misfires occur.

CCI Mini Mag most reliability

I have found the Fed bulk ammo to be better than the Remington but still not as reliable as the boxed ammo.  CCI blazer is pretty darn reliable for the price.  You might also give some Aguila SE a try if you can find it.  It's pretty cheap for boxed ammo and very good stuff.  I got one lot of Aguila that would consistently print 5/8" groups at 50 yards from a Winchester 69.  The cats meow of rimfire for most applications is the CCI mini mag.  If your gun doesn't function with that, it's the gun not the ammo. mapdude.

I shot my Kadet converted 75BD today and it has a definite preference for higher speed ammo.  Target speed Eley spread considerably wider than Remington Yellowjacket and Winchester Hi-Speed solids.
For some reason, my Kadet doesn't like the Aguila primers.  Perhaps the rims are a bit harder or something, but I get failures to fire on the first hammer strike about two or three times per box of fifty.
I don't notice this problem as much on most domestic ammo.  And yes, my Kadet has the beveled firing pin. My best results so far have been with Winchester Super X high velocity solids.

I had poor results with std. vel. ammo...
            such as the bulk Federal stuff Wally sells.
            On the other hand the bulk Remington stuff
            was great.  Same results in my Ruger Mk 2,
            Buckmark, Ciener Beretta 92FS kit and Advantage
            Arms Glock Conv. kit.
            Hi vel. ammo works better in my guns.

and my Marvel 22 slide on my Sistema 1911 along with a brick each of Federal 510 lightening, Winchester Xpert, and Remington Golden bullets.

This was the first time I got to compare the two conversion slides side by side. The expensive Marvel was definately more accurate. With a scope, this one would really show it's own. However, it was very picky with the ammo. It wouldn't even feed the Winchester at all, had frequent stovepipes with the Remington, and only worked reliably with the Federal. Luckily, that seems to be the most accurate of the three in my experience. I think I'm going to scope this one and shoot Federal in it exclusively.
             The Kadet on the other hand, was a shooting machine. It was completely reliable with all three. I think I like the open sights on this setup better than the Marvel. Of course, the three dots match my 9mm slide too. Even the magazines are much better. After about 100 rounds, I just put the Marvel away and shot the CZ for the rest of the day.

It appears that the following makes of ammo are rated from excellent to poor:

CCI Mini Mags (excellent)
            CCI Stinger (excellent)
            Wolf Match Target (excellent)
            QuickShocks (excellent)
            Dynapoints (good)
            Remington Target (good)
            Winchester Wildcats (OK)
            Winchester Super X (OK)
            Federal Lightning (poor)

y.  It shot everything I fed it.  Blazers, Wildcats, Velicocitors, Dynapoints, Wolf Match Target and Wolf Match Extra.  All in all, I shot about 350 rounds. 

The Dynapoints shot very well and was the best of what I might call the lower cost spread.  As with my CZ 452 Silhouette, the Kadet really liked the Wolf ammo.  It shot best with the Wolf Match Extra but just barely.  The Wolf Match Target shot 30 rounds into a 2" diameter hole at 15 yards (I was resting my hands on some sandbags).  This is very much a keeper.  I can now shoot for a good part of the day and not spend $$$ doing so.

I'm just amazed this works so well out of the box.  No sighting in, no misfeeds with Remington hollowpoints...

Besides Aquila ammo everything else now functions
            250 shots of different type ignited perfectly, tested ammo was Swartklip, RWS, CCI, Pobjeta and SK.

The Aquila gives ignitions problems in rifles too, so this one is off the shopping list.

Just found the forum by exident ? , but had to struggle with ignition problems on my Kadet conversion quit a time.
            RWS and GECO pistol ammo gave the least troubble, but in 50 round there were 2 or 3, tht would only ignit on a second coking.
            Aquilla was worst, one dud in every mag, but always ignition on second cocking.
            I tried the mentioned things, removed .15" form the back side and made the tip a little narrower, did not work. Finaly I desided to turn me a new firing pin out of an old enginge valve shaft, taht is about 1mm longer, than the original:

Now the strike mark is a lot better, no irgnition problems so far
 Chris
Hi all, just wanted to pass along that I've had the light firing pin hits issue on my Kadet, but have found relief!
             After trying a lot of the great tips I've found on the forum I was still having a misfire every 3rd or 4th magazine regardless of ammo selection.  I decided to remove a small amount of material from the rear shoulder of the firing pin. This shoulder rests against the firing pin retaining plate limiting the exposure of the firing pin head to the falling hammer. I chucked the firing pin in my drill press and removed a small amount of the shoulder with my safe-edge file so as not to baunch up the firing pin head itself. Ultimately about .010-.015 was removed from this area. The result upon examing the re-assembled slide was a just noticeable amount of further protrusion of the firing pins head.
             The result in my Kadet was a big improvement in firing pin strikes.The fired brass now shows much deeper hits with great consistency. I have since fired about 600 rds of different ammo (Fed Bulk, Rem Bulk, Super Colibri) without a single misfire. This is on a CZ75B frame with a #17 Wolff hammer spring.

Measure rim thickness

My Kadet does not like Rem. Thunderbolt

I gave up on cheap Remingtons, even in revolvers. Velocities were too erratic, and I can't imagine how they'd function in a semi. By the way, I don't have a chronograph - I could tell the variation by hearing wildly different "bangs".

PMC Snapper rounds were also useless, because they had so much thick lube on them.

I've had clean, reliable performance from the Federal cheapo bulk packs.

I had the same problem with a Ruger Target Competition -- keyholing at 50 feet!   A barrel that was so leaded up I couldn't believe it.

There's more than one cheap ammo, out there.  Buy smaller boxes until you find one that works the way you want.

The federal stuff has been fine.
            The remington bulk pack plated bullets seemed okay.
            I should probably take a hint when Walmart sells out of absolutely every thing but the Rem TBs

Local store had the Federal bulk packs on sale at $5.97  so I  bought two   b oxes.  I am only getting about 95 percent to work.  Some require two trigger pulls, but most of the problems involve a failure to eject. Actually, I had one round that was chambered that did not fire and even manually racking the slide would not extract the round.

Many .22s are ammo sensitive -- most of the ones I've had were that way.  (This was true when I shot a Ruger Target Competition, too.)  And Bulk Pack ammo isn't the most reliable.

Chances are your Kadet Kit and the particular bulk pack you're using don't like each other.  If I remember correctly, mine didn't Remington much.

Try another brand.

Suprisingly, my Kadet Kit doesn't like the pricier Winchester Target ammo all that much, either.  It loves the middle-of-the-line, middle-priced stuff.

My Kadet Kit has become a gunsafe queen, used only when people new to shooting need something to shoot.  I just shoot 9mm and .45 -- which is where I need practice.
sensitive. My Kadet loves cheap Federals, but I've of other folks complaining about that ammo recently - there may be a bad batch out in the stores.

The best route to .22 reliability is....a Smith and Wesson revolver.

That biathlon ammunition aren't necessarily the best for the pistol. Biathlon ammunition and other rifle ammunition (.22) are often vaxed, which can lead to jams in the pistol (tight fit), -and the Kadet has already a rather tight fit.
            I had shot a lot of Lapua Master, before I got my Kadet, The Kadet can't handle it, because the vax makes the bullet too wide to chamber it properly.
            Now I prefer to find ammunition that is oiled, like the SK Standard. Works sweet for me. Even the RWS Standard (green and black box) gave me a 4. position in a regional competition this weekend.

Measure rim thickness.

My Kadet kit does not seem to like the SV ammo and shoots very well with Winchester Wildcat (believe it or not!).  I don't know about the new stuff...  I've had the remnants of a case of it laying around for about 15 years now and finally found a weapon that likes it.  The Kadet doesn't just like it, it LOVES it.

I'd start with the more affordable stuff.
            Try
            CCI Standard Velocity
            Federal Gold Medal
            Wolf (sometimes it's good, sometimes bad)
            Fiocchi
            The cheaper Eley stuff
            Lapua
            I would not waste my time or money on PMC.  I've also had bad luck with CCI Greentag

Veloicty first.  That stuff seems to give accuracy that's very nearly as good as the much-more-expensive match ammos in almost every rifle or pistol I've tried it in.  I've also had good luck with the very affordable Federal Champion Target Standard Velocity (but not the high velocity).  I just bought some Federal "Auto Match" but haven't tested it yet.
            Same with the big-name match ammo companies' "practice" or "club" ammo.
            Eley Practice 100 shoots very well out of my Kadet.

Lapua Master M shoots very well from mine, as does Eley "black box".  Too expensive for me, though, for shooting targets.  I save it for squirrel hunting.

I've had so-so luck with PMC Target.  I have one pistol that loves it.  ( I love the smell

One of the big surprises in my Kadet kit is Winchester Wildcat.  My Kadet loves that stuff. Alternate Treatment for light firing pin strikes

Besides Aquila ammo everything else now functions A-OK ?
            250 shots of different type ignited perfectly, tested ammo was Swartklip, RWS, CCI, Pobjeta and SK.
            The Aquila gives ignitions problems in rifles too, so this one is off the shopping list

I just got my Kadet kit yesterday and noticed that in the instructions it says to use only "factory manufactured standard type ammo". The ammo must be in compliance with CIP regs or SAAMI. And that " the use of other cartridges could damage the handgun or cause malfunctions or injury to the shooter".
            Whats everyones take on this?
            I don't mind shooting std. vel. stuff, lord knows I have enough of it. But I'd also like to shoot MM's etc.

I'm not sure what the "warning" means, but I use Federal High Velocity with no problem and outstandingly accurate.

MMs will be fine!   I've been using Minimags, Aguila HV and Winchester HV rounds with mine... no issues.
            Standard velocity stuff works fine as well.
            And I've been able to cycle mine using Aguila and Rem subsonics as well... only issue being the last round doesn't lock the slide back.   But they've all gone "bang!"
            Couldn't be happier with the kit.  It's eaten up everything I've fed it thus far without so much as a hiccup!

I've use remington thunderbolts and the federal's 550 bulk pack from wallyword. both work just fine in mine. i bought the complete kadet pistol though.

I have my Kadet kit for about 4 years. Got it mounted on an old CZ-75 lower. I bought a used CZ-75 with a corroded barrel for cheap. So this is a great platform for my Kadet.
            Yep! it seems to be ammo sensative. I tried some Russian stuff in a cheap grren box with a nickel case and a real ugly HP bullet. None of my other 22's like this ammo except my M-69. Alas, my Kadet gobbles this stuff up and produces a 1-1 3/4 group at 25 yards. Love my Kadet kit as much as my MK III.

I got my kit from J&G in Prescott Arizona, before people discovered what a great bargain these Kadets Are!

My Kadet has not been the least bit finicky. You could mix any brand of .22 lr in the mag, and the thing will not stop.  I have tried some of the real bargain-basement (or sub-basement) ammo from gun shows, and if it goes bang, it cycles.  The only problem was when I got a box of ammo that had been converted into 'dummy' rounds.  Fed great, didn't go bang worth a hoot.
I keep a boatload of different .22 ammo on hand for "accuracy testing" of .22 rifles and pistols (plinking!).
            I was very surprised to find that my Kadet conversion LOVES Winchester Wildcats and CCI Stingers.  Neither of those loads shoot well in my other .22s and Stingers have given me the WORST groups in most of them.
            And even more surprising is the fact that those two loads shoot to the same point of impact at 25 yards.

My tried-and-true inexpensive accuracy ammo, CCI Standard Velocity, doesn't shoot well out of my Kadet kit.  All my other .22s seem to shoot tight groups with this stuff.  I usually have to use expensive match ammo to do better.

.22s seem to be the most fickle of all calibers when it comes to ammo preference.  You need to try as many loads as possible to find what your Kadet prefers.  It's a great excuse to spend a couple of long afternoons at the range.

Mine likes CCI Standard Velocity (get the paper boxes)
            The Federal Automatch Bulk seems decent
            Remington Thunderbolts lead the gun up horridly to the point where you litteraly have to chisel the lead out of the barrel.

My Kadet conversion kit on a CZ-75B frame seems to prefer CCI Blazer ammunition to the Remington Thunderbolt or Federal that I have tried.

Regarding the CCI Standard Velocity
            There are two versions.  One comes in a paper box of 50 like normal 22 ammo.  The other comes in the 100 rnd plastic boxes.  Other than the packaging it is the same ammo.
            0035 is the paper box and easily under $2
            0032 if I remember correctly is the plastic and is usually about $7 per 100.
            Same ammo, different packaging.

Those plastic boxes are a great way to transport your ammo in the range bag, and an easy way to help keep track of your inventory.  I have found the trays of 100 at gun shows for $5 each or less.  Gotta search out the bargains.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 05:46:12 AM by joerchi69 »

Offline joerchi69

Re: Excerpt of ammo quotes (CZF Kadet Klub posts)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 01:37:28 PM »
Every gun is a law unto itself   Part2

How long ago was that?
I want to say 'When rocks were soft', but some of the $5 trays were from a fellow at a Las Vegas show last November, and you had to paw around a bit.  Found a tray of 'dummys', have spray painted them red and use 'em for filling the chambers on my .22s.

First time with my new Kadet 100 rounds Rem Thunderbolt. 2xFTF, 2xFTE, 3xthe slide didn't lock back when mag empty. PITA to pull the slide. I'll try another ammo brand next time.

I've had really really bad luck with the Thunderbolts.  They leaded up two 22 pistols within a couple mags so bad that the bullets were keyholing.  I couldn't get a cleaning rod through the barrel, much less a jag.  Had to chisel the lead out litteraly.

My Kadet does not like Rem. Thunderbolt

I gave up on cheap Remingtons, even in revolvers. Velocities were too erratic, and I can't imagine how they'd function in a semi. By the way, I don't have a chronograph - I could tell the variation by hearing wildly different "bangs".

PMC Snapper rounds were also useless, because they had so much thick lube on them.

I've had clean, reliable performance from the Federal cheapo bulk packs.

I had the same problem with a Ruger Target Competition -- keyholing at 50 feet! A barrel that was so leaded up I couldn't believe it.

There's more than one cheap ammo, out there. Buy smaller boxes until you find one that works the way you want.

The federal stuff has been fine.
The remington bulk pack plated bullets seemed okay.
I should probably take a hint when Walmart sells out of absolutely every thing but the Rem TBs

Local store had the Federal bulk packs on sale at $5.97 so I bought two b oxes. I am only getting about 95 percent to work. Some require two trigger pulls, but most of the problems involve a failure to eject. Actually, I had one round that was chambered that did not fire and even manually racking the slide would not extract the round.

I shot my Kadet converted 75BD today and it has a definite preference for higher speed ammo. Target speed Eley spread considerably wider than Remington Yellowjacket and Winchester Hi-Speed solids.

I had read all the posts from people on how accurate their kadet kits were. Some had even sold very accurate 22 pistols because they didn't need them anymore. That was why I was so dissapointed when I received my kadet kit. With the cheap Wal Mart, K Mart stuff like CCI Blazer, Winchester Wildcat, etc. I was getting arounf 4 to 5 inch groupings at 25 yards. I certainly wasn't going to sell my 22 target pistol and replace it with the kadet. Then I tried some Aguila SE Super Extra. The groups went from 4-5 inches to 2 inches or less. I haven't chronographed the SE as opposed to the others to see if it's faster. It's also hollowpoint ammo so it serves a dual pupose target/varmint load. It's a little bit harder to find and a little more expensive than the cheapies but it's worth it to me. I can also brush up on my Spanish while reading the box.

Neither has experienced stovepipes or slide lock problems over the course of thousands of rounds, shooting only cheapo bulk CCI and Federal.
Aside from the canted rear sight, my dedicated Kadet "pistol" was doing the same thing, but ONLY with Remington Golden Bullets!

NO problems with CCI MinMags OR virtually any LAPUA...

Hmm.  Yours was doing the same thing, meaning all of the malfunctions I listed, to the same degree?  That's interesting since I just spent the day between the range and the house, getting very detail-oriented with this Kadet.  I replaced the fp spring with a _very_ light one, and did a bunch of minor stoning and polishing.  By the end of the day I was getting the occasional perfect mag- all 10 went bang; no misfires, jams, or malfunctions.  Now here's the odd part:  My best success rate was with Golden Bullets!  CCI MiniMags worked the same, but not perfect.  Didn't try any other high-quality ammo.  Came home and did a bunch more work; we'll see how it runs tomorrow.

I will say that having a bunch of FTF's has actually helped me to correct some technique problems, so maybe an unreliable practice pistol is ideal, after all.  I would like to be able to plink with cheap ammo at least mostly reliably, and mostly accurately, but if I have to run good .22 to really trust the gun, so be it.
Remington Golden Bullets have been the most problematic in my gun; can't hardly wait to get rid of my last 600rds. Most of the time, it would take 2 whacks of the hammer to set it off. RGB works better in my Walther P22 & Beretta 87T, but I can't trust it to be anywhere near 100% reliable.

I neglected to mention that I did not have the slide lock issue with my pistol. My Kadet is a Kadet pistol, not a conversion kit. LAPUA Master-L ammo cut my group sizes in 1/2 & it always goes bang in any .22 that I shoot.

Win Dynapoints, Win HV and Fed 525 pack ammo mixing them up for testing - not a single hickup in 100-150 rds I did during my only session so far. Very pleased.
My experience has been to get full reliability with the Kadet I had to go to a 17# hammer spring.
I had set up a Kadet for steel matches and to get it run 100% I played with several hammer springs.
17# gave me 100% running WIN, FED, CCI green tag and CCI minimag, Remington and Wolf.

I found with the lighter springs of my USPSA production gun I was getting light strikes.

This will affect the DA stroke. generally adding about 3# of weight. my case raised it from 5#DA to a 7.5# DA stroke. Single action was not affected much. Maybe a 1/2pound. So I ended up converting my Kadet to SAO and running it that way.
It function flawless with thunderbolt ammo (100 rounds or so) and is dead on a 20 yards.

The one problem i had was the ammo i tried, it would not feed 22lr CCI Blazers at all. It would fail to extract at least 3 per mag by not ejecting the hulls all the way out of the pistol. It also had several fails to fire by striking the rim but not firing. Having said this, the remington and federal ammo was perfect with no hiccups to report. Out of 100 rounds a piece from the above brands, the CCI blazers failed 30 to 40 percent of the time and this not 100 rounds each in a row. I only fired 20 rounds of each and then went to the next brand, so to take the Kadet out of the equation. So keep the CCI blazers out of your Kadet. B

36gr or 40gr CCI Minimags.  CCI Velocitors work well, though I don't believe they're as accurate, but man, they do a number on critters...raccoons.

I have shot many 1000's of the cheapest thing that I can buy at the time. Have had zero fail to fire , feed or eject.

I mount my Kadet Conversion Kit on both a 75B-SA and 75B frame
I have yet to have a single problem with my kit cycling the Federal Bulk junk
BUT, it really hates the Remington Bulk junk
Avoid ammo with a waxie coating on the projectile

I have had zero problems with Aguila 40 gr. sub-sonic rounds in my Kadet 75b

It seems that the federal automatch runs cleaner than just about anything else I've run through this gun so far.  It is also consistent, and reliable.  The accuracy also seemed to be very good when I shot from a rest.  I just hope that I can continue to find this stuff..

Any recommendations on .22 rounds that are particularly easy to fire?  By that I mean rounds with soft primers?  I'm working on getting my Kadet to go bang with a light hammer and mainspring.  I'm interested in both cheap plinking ammo and accurate ammo.  TIA.

I can't vouch for the Kadet, but I have a High Standard Target pistol with trigger work that's very particular about ammo and tends to be light strike. 

For this, gun CCI "Target" ,  fires  accurately 100% of the time--many thousands of times since 1972 and it's clean.  Federal target ammo was also reliable, but shot dirty in my gun.

It won't shoot 6 Winchesters or two consecutive mags of Remington without a problem.  Same with milk-box bulk ammo.
an 150 rounds of 40 grain solid American Eagle through it without any problems. 

. I use mostly Federal 525 bulk packs. No issues either.

My Kadet sees nothing but 36grHP CCI Mini-Mags.  I've tried the CCI Velocitors but not quite as accurate as the 36grHP Mini-Mags. I also use Eley match Standard Velocity when I use a suppressor.

y Kadet Kit works perfectly, it's the cheesy Federal 36grain HP stuff I have so much of - I average 2-3 misfires per magful, and it's NOT the Kit. Primer strieks are deep and positive, it's this box antique ammo I am trying to get rid of, one magful at a time.

The one problem i had was the ammo i tried, it would not feed 22lr CCI Blazers at all. It would fail to extract at least 3 per mag by not ejecting the hulls all the way out of the pistol. It also had several fails to fire by striking the rim but not firing. Having said this, the remington and federal ammo was perfect with no hiccups to report. Out of 100 rounds a piece from the above brands, the CCI blazers failed 30 to 40 percent of the time and this not 100 rounds each in a row. I only fired 20 rounds of each and then went to the next brand, so to take the Kadet out of the equation. So keep the CCI blazers out of your Kadet.

36gr or 40gr CCI Minimags.  CCI Velocitors work well, though I don't believe they're as accurate, but man, they do a number on critters...raccoons.

I have shot many 1000's of the cheapest thing that I can buy at the time. Have had zero fail to fire , feed or eject.
I mount my Kadet Conversion Kit on both a 75B-SA and 75B frame
I have yet to have a single problem with my kit cycling the Federal Bulk junk
BUT, it really hates the Remington Bulk junk
Avoid ammo with a waxie coating on the projectile

I have had zero problems with Aguila 40 gr. sub-sonic rounds in my Kadet 75b

It seems that the federal automatch runs cleaner than just about anything else I've run through this gun so far.  It is also consistent, and reliable.  The accuracy also seemed to be very good when I shot from a rest.  I just hope that I can continue to find this stuff in th

Any recommendations on .22 rounds that are particularly easy to fire?  By that I mean rounds with soft primers?  I'm working on getting my Kadet to go bang with a light hammer and mainspring.  I'm interested in both cheap plinking ammo and accurate ammo.  TIA.

I can't vouch for the Kadet, but I have a High Standard Target pistol with trigger work that's very particular about ammo and tends to be light strike. 

For this, gun CCI "Target" ,  fires  accurately 100% of the time--many thousands of times since 1972 and it's clean.  Federal target ammo was also reliable, but shot dirty in my gun.

It won't shoot 6 Winchesters or two consecutive mags of Remington without a problem.  Same with milk-box bulk ammo.
an 150 rounds of 40 grain solid American Eagle through it without any problems. 

I use mostly Federal 525 bulk packs. No issues either.

My Kadet sees nothing but 36grHP CCI Mini-Mags.  I've tried the CCI Velocitors but not quite as accurate as the 36grHP Mini-Mags. I also use Eley match Standard Velocity when I use a suppressor.

Kadet Kit works perfectly, it's the cheesy Federal 36grain HP stuff I have so much of - I average 2-3 misfires per magful, and it's NOT the Kit. Primer strieks are deep and positive, it's this box antique ammo I am trying to get rid of, one magful at a time.

I use Federal Bulk ammo, and perhaps get 1 or 2 FTF per box, and they usually fire if I remove, rotate and retry.  If I use premium .22 ammo, I have no problems. Hope this helps!

probably put a 2 or 3 bricks of Blazers through my Kadet kit.  I've had 2 or 3 rds not fire, they weren't light strikes either.  Mine has the springs it came with.  (FWIW, its fitted to a 75 BD)

Got my Wolff mainsprings springs today, the 17# and 18#. Tried my Shadow Custom with the Kadet + 17# mainspring, and still had a few failures to fire. Not many. Sometimes it would go 50 rounds without a failure, and then I'd have two failures in one mag. Just...

My Kated, mounted on an SP01 frame, running 16lb hammer/main spring & using CCI Standard Velocity .22 ammo is 100% reliable.

Once you have moved to 16-17lb hammer/main spring, look at the reliability of the ammo. Remember .22 ammo in any handgun, is a mix & match puzzle for best results.
I've run a 15 lb in my 85b with the Kadett Kit, averaging one FTF every other mag or so.  No worry.  They always fire with a second strike.  Good training.

I took the thing completely apart and pulled out the firing pin to see if I had the old one per cz's advice. I was bummed because I had the correct one and so I gave it a good cleaning and put it back together. I took it to the range and tried a magazine of stingers and I only had the problem once. I loaded a few more and it started firing like it should. Then I started loading the old assortment of bulk 22 and I ran through 100 rounds without a problem.

I have been shooting Aguila SESV and SEHV for the past few months. It seems to be a much cleaner ammo than any that I have used in the past. And it is very accurate and I may have had one FTF in several thousand rounds.

Every gun is a law unto itself, but mine shoots nothing, not Lapua, Eley or Federal match any better than Remington's 38-gr. HP designated "Sub-Sonic". Certain of the match loads shoot as well but not one groups better than the Sub-Sonic. While this certainly doesn't mean that the same has to be the case with other Kadets, it might be worth remembering as apossible pet load with

( Indication of source : CZF KADET KLUB )

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 07:59:52 PM »
I believe I recognize one or two of them
I still fell the Federal Bulk Packs; either the 550 burgundy box or the 525 blue Champions run as well as any in my KADET
The Remingtons have always been the worst, because of their weak crimps and the Winchesters being so very dirty
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Joe L

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 09:39:58 AM »
I don't see Norma Tac 22 (40 gr lead round nose) mentioned. 

I only have 50k rounds worth of experience with it.  Maybe a dozen bad rounds in 7 years.  I buy it 5k rounds at a time.  And this is for bullseye match use at 25 and 50 yards.  Best result here.

I'm not about to change ammo after cleaning (100 score, not necessarily 10x) as many 25 yard standing single hand bullseye targets with a Kadet as I have. 

But when I have a bad target, it is NEVER the Norma ammo, it always me--loose grip, loosing focus, distraction, failure to pull the trigger without moving the gun.  I quit chasing ammo years ago, in both the rimfire and the centerfire guns.  I'm a better shooter now because I took ammo out of the list of variables.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline joerchi69

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 05:45:32 AM »
Every gun is a law unto itself                                                                                                    Part 3
 line to prequote this cluster.

To get a general idea about how what ammo works in the kadet i wildly copyd statements. Mostly i was interested in reliable ignition context. Because of my kadets light strike odyssey (https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=104837.0) . Quotes beginning :

What's the backstory on the frame you're using?  On my Shadow custom frame, I can only use federal target .22lr ammo without having a lot of misfires, due to the light main spring I have installed (it's 100% with 9mm using the Shadow slide and the extended firing pin).  On my 75B LE's frame, I can run pretty much everything because I have a slightly heavier main spring. 
ntended. In 100 rds I experienced 6 Failure to Fire .....When I asked the owner of the range about this  he said by the end of the day he sweeps up at least 100 rds of unfired .22 LR of all brands....(today I used   Winchester 22lr 36 grain Hollow point...1280 fps)...He suggested that i keep trying different ammo (this was a 555 rd brick from Walmart) moving up to better quality if needed.

Make sure to pull the firing pin and clean the firing pin channel really good, i had FTF issues with my Kadet kit at first, a thourough claening of the firing pin and channel fixed them.

This may sound like a cliche, but try some different ammo.
I run Federal bulk and have no problems.
Try running a few hundred Mini-Mags to break it in.

My Shadow is sprung so lightly that I can only shoot Federal primers with any sort of reasonable reliability.  That said, the trigger is too sweet for me to want to change it.  ?  Try some Federal ammo OP and see if that helps.  

ime I tried shooting it was pretty much unusable due to FTFs.  Changed the spring from the #13 to the extra #15 that came in the box. Tried it today at the range not without any issues in the 100rds

My Shadow only runs my Kadet slide reliably with Federal ammo (and then only certain types). 

I have lengthened several Kadet firing pins (by heating with a torch while stretching with the aid of a drill press and custom jig). I have tried several lengths. I have not been able to significantly improve ignition with CCI Mini-Mags using 13# or 15# main springs in my CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target. However, with extremely long firing pins I have been able to make the pistol dangerously inclined to ignite a chambered round while manually decocking

I found CCI ammo less than reliable. I went through a box of CCI Mini-Mag and about 1 in 4 failed to fire. The same occurred with CCI Velocitor.  American Eagle had 8 misfire out of a 50-round box. Federal Champion was the best with 1 misfire out of 50 rounds.  I was told that Winchester bulk pack was reliable but I haven't had the opportunity to try any yet.  For the time being, I will stick to the Federal ammo for Steel Challenge. 

Stock Hammer Spring I believe is 20lbs
I pulled mine and put in a 22lb Hammer Spring in my B-SA, and it lowered my Trigger pull by 0.5 lbs
And it breaks VERY clean
Odd but true
0 Fail to Fires

Was at my local Walmart looking for my usual Federal 22LR 550 bulk pack. None was available except for the Federal "Lightning" 500 bulk pack. It's solid lead rated at 40 grains. Will this work properly with my Kadet or should I keep looking for the 36gr. copper? I've always bought and had excellent results with the 550 bulk pack. I've never used the hotter "Lightning" before.

They will work fine in your gun. I have found that Federal 22s in the 550 bulk pack to be the cleanest of the 550 bulk packs. The Remington's to be the most powerful (and the dirtiest, by far) and the Winchesters somewhere in the middle.
The lightnings are Federal's load #510.  It's been around almost forever.  It is one of my favorite ammo's.  It feeds and fires well in all my guns except my daughter's Marlin 60 which prefers hollow-points for some reason. My Marlin 795 and my Ruger 10/22 will eat them all day long.  The accuracy is reasonably good.  I get the best accuracy in all my guns from CCI Mini Mags however.  Shoot them lightnings and have fun.