Author Topic: Another Jericho 941 F Guide Rod post  (Read 2763 times)

Offline rafterman

Another Jericho 941 F Guide Rod post
« on: September 10, 2019, 12:11:37 AM »
Hey there everyone, first post and its another jericho 941 guide rod question.

I got a early jericho 941 with the captured recoil spring assembly, mine being seemingly under sprung as I was getting  some ftes as well as some times being a bit sluggish to return to battery that and I am able to fully cycle the slide with one finger against the rear sight. So I ordered the factory guide rod from Numrich and when I got it Sunday it seems to be a too long and stainless and not blued. It did fit my jericho using a wolf spring(which is significantly larger and wider than the original captured unit) although it protrudes a bit out of the front of the slide.

After contacting Numrich they said to send it back so they can have a look although the one representative I sent photos too said it looks likes the other ones they have on hand.

So does anyone know a source for Full size jericho guide rods or know if a guide rod from another cz/tangfolio/canik will work?

Thanks

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Another Jericho 941 F Guide Rod post
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 12:24:53 PM »
Contact Magnum Research for replacement parts, if you need them.  https://www.magnumresearch.com/
You should be able to replace the Spring in your original Guide Rod Assembly.
I don't have a 941, so I can't tell you how it comes apart, but maybe someone else here knows.
I've heard of other Pistols with Guide Rods with Captive Springs being serviced.

I would just trim that Guide Rod Back about 1/8 of an inch and call it good.  You want the Recoil Spring Guide Rod even with the lower edge of the Slide hole.

How does it shoot with the newer Recoil Spring and what Recoil Spring weight did you use?
IF the Pistol runs well with the replacement Guide Rod and Spring, you have solved the problem.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline rafterman

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 01:35:46 PM »
All good ideas, I haven't thought about contacting magnum research, unfortunately iwi was unable to sell parts atm. I have not actually shot the gun with the new spring setup. I am up in the air about cutting the new guide rod. I am thinking about taking apart the original rod as one end is held on by a roll pin and the other end is just captured by the end of the rod. I would just leave the non pinned end off and run a new spring on the rod.

Offline hemiram

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 05:10:50 AM »
The captured spring on my 941 doesn't even fit correctly inside the gun, so as far as I'm concerned, it's gone. I got a new guide rod, the standard type and put a Wolff spring on it. OH, BTW, ALL the Jericho's I've ever seen with a standard guide rod have it stick out a little bit. Seems to be normal.

Offline hemiram

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 05:13:15 AM »
Correction, every one I've seen in person, including all three of mine, a fullsized, and two semi-compacts.

Offline Gregor1983

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 08:37:24 PM »
I bought one from EBAY around a year ago and it was a original IMI factory part. The guy had several

Offline rafterman

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 04:47:58 PM »
In case anyone is looking for jericho parts, Magnum research was happy to sell them to me at significantly less than Numrich, only thing they would not sell was a trigger as they want the gun for fitting.

anything