Author Topic: John Wick 3 Style PCC Build  (Read 1945 times)

Offline heijutsu

John Wick 3 Style PCC Build
« on: September 11, 2019, 09:04:18 AM »
I'm looking to set up a CZ Scorpion EVO as a Competition style PCC like what Keanu used in JW3. Here is my build list:
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1, 13" Extended Handguard with M-LOK 08559
SB Tactical Scorpion Evo Buffer Tube Adapter
BCM Milspec Carbine Receiver Extension (Buffer Tube) 6 Position
BCMGUNFIGHTER™ Stock Assembly-Mod 0-SOPMOD-Black
MOE®-EVO Grip - CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ Scorpion Mini AK Style Safety Selectors
MOE®-EVO Enhanced Magazine Release - CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ Scorpion ProStock Charging Handle
Trijicon MRO (Miniature Rifle Optic) 2.0 MOA Adjustable Green Dot Scope Low Mount

Anybody done anything similar? For the life of my I can't find a single picture of a CZ Scorpion with an M4 type stock on it.

Offline Silent service

Re: John Wick 3 Style PCC Build
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:08:15 AM »
Not to rain on your parade....

I have two scorpions. Love them. But if you are serious about a competition PCC, you need to go the AR platform.

I have spent a lot and got frustrated a lot with my scorpions for competition. Now I run a modified JP GMR-15 and will never look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline heijutsu

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 09:27:06 AM »
Have you had any issues running the Glock magazines? I've always heard that there were issues running Glock mags in the AR platform since the angle is different than a Glock's frame.

Offline Silent service

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 09:28:43 AM »
I have not. Just make sure you use Glock OEM mags. The JP just flat out runs. Also the AR-9 recoil impulse is fat softer and tunable unlike a scorpion so it shoots flatter allowing you to shoot faster.

Offline heijutsu

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 10:14:20 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Can you go into a little detail regarding what you felt were the limitations of the CZ for a competition PCC?

Offline Silent service

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Can you go into a little detail regarding what you felt were the limitations of the CZ for a competition PCC?

Recoil impulse, lack of aftermarket support with respect to competition style upgrades, specifically triggers, mag carriers are available but current designs could use improvement to be on par with the rest of the market, compared to my current rifle it’s significantly heavier, magazine issues aka feed lips breaking, reloads are slow because mags don’t always drop free.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 12:05:19 PM »
My Scorpion works well enough for Steel Challenge, but would most definitely use something different for USPSA or IDPA.

Offline George16

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 10:10:59 PM »
Get either a JP or an MPX PCC model and be done with it.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »
I love my Scorpion, but if I had it to do over for competitive use I'd go JP for sure.

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 07:35:03 AM »
No way to set up a Scorpion to be on part with a typical AR-platform 9mm PCC.  The biggest disadvantage is the trigger, maybe a CZCustom trigger/tuned but I can't say it would beat a match AR trigger.  Second disadvantage is the magazine release, most of the PCC stages would be fine with a 50 rds magazine, but the 'oh $h_t!' factor will strike and you need to make a mag change flat footed, this is where the AR has a leg up on the CZ.  My CZ is good enough to play in the PCC game but I know it is not good enough to help me win  ;D