Author Topic: New From Nashville with dilemma  (Read 1109 times)

Offline twr

New From Nashville with dilemma
« on: September 14, 2019, 08:41:02 AM »
First first of all, hello and thank you in advance veteran forum members and fellow CZ fanboys.

So it happened again.  I paid a bunch of money for what I thought was going to serve as a minimal tweaking required, out of the box race gun, and i out shot myself with my (slightly cajunized) PCR in every possible way. 

Shooting for accuracy; shooting fast; shooting at distance; it did't matter.  The PCR out classed (it) in every way.

So I am convinced and am definitely replacing this gun with a cz.  What I was hope you all could help me with, is the difference in shoot-ability between the P-10 series and say an SP-01.  My PCR is arguably as light as a glock 19 so I am starting to lean toward design and ergonomics of the grip and trigger. 

For those of you familiar with both, am I going to be left wish I had picked up the Hammer fired gun if I go with a P-10 in an f or c?

Thanks again in advance.

Offline Earl Keese

Re: New From Nashville with dilemma
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 10:33:22 AM »
I have a "built" P10C with roughly the same amount invested in it as I would have in a tuned Shadow. After thousands of rounds of dry fire and competition, I simply don't shoot it as accurately(at match speed or slow fire) as I do my hammer fired CZ's. I'm certain it's me not the gun.
 If you're a striker(glock) person, the P10 series is great. If your a hammer person like me, stick with a Shadow or Shadow2 and avoid the expense of finding out the hard way.
 Cajun Gunworks is offering a "competition" striker kit that should help with pull weight and creep. I have one on order for my P10 to give it one more try. FWIW, I shoot mostly Steel Challenge, so I'm transitioning during recoil, not pushing for a quick follow up shot on the same target. If I was shooting USPSA or IDPA, I'd want a metal framed gun for the extra weight. That's just me though, everyone has their own preferences.

Offline twr

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 10:09:05 PM »
Yeah I think that’s where I may end up.

My PCR has a Cajun Gun Works short reset kit with the “duty/carry” spring.  It just baffles me that this gun is maybe an ounce heavier than a similarly sized Glock, and possibly lighter than the previously mentioned Sig, yet the results are what they are. I get some of the weight is shifted to nonreciprocating parts like the frame, but wow.

Anyway, thank you for the response. I do really like the shadow, but if I go that route I think an SP-01 might be more budget though, plus I don’t mind the decocker.

Offline elongobardi

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 12:49:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Alcoy

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 05:25:30 AM »
SP-01 Tactical has the same manual of arms as your PCR.  I love mine.   Plenty of customization option.

Congrats and good luck.

Offline czsuby

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 09:14:03 AM »
Welcome from South Carolina. Good luck with your search.

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 11:48:29 PM »
Hi from Oklahoma.

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2019, 11:11:02 AM »
Welcome to the place.  I am old school and prefer hammer over striker fired myself.
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline Trh9905

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 04:24:27 PM »
Hello and welcome to this forum from central MI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk