Author Topic: Any .357 Sig Fans Here?  (Read 909 times)

Offline CZ_FANATIC

Re: Any .357 Sig Fans Here?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »
.357 Sig = 9mm for Men   8)

That would be the 38 Super, but you keep thinking that.

I'll stick with .357 SIG 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2019, 07:40:01 PM »
The last time I shot my full sized M&P .357 SIG I put 3 boxes through it (I think).  Then I switched to the P09 9MM and I had to keep telling myself it really was firing.  I mean it was putting holes in the paper and I could smell the gun powder but the difference in recoil was just so different it was difficult to believe it was firing.

The .357 SIG would be a dandy caliber for a compensator out on the end of the barrel.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

Offline oneoff

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 07:41:24 PM »
I traded for one of the Sig P226 “can’t remember the fancy name” pistols a few years ago that was chambered in .40, but came with a .357 barrel.  I was amazed at how much more accurate the gun was with the .357 barrel.  I’ve never fired a bad 226, but the .357 cut my my 25 yard groups in half, and seemed to like Sigs ammunition the best.  It was unusual to me to have such good luck with what I’d consider to be self-defense ammo.
  At the same time I had a Sig 220 in 10mm that “hated” Sig’s ammo.  Kind of a non-sequiter I know, but I thought is was amusing.
  Definitely a niche round in my opinion.  But I found the recoil favorable over the .40, and suspect that it does every bit as much damage in the average situation.  I’ve always felt like the modern 9mm vs. .45 ACP argument was kinda lame, and to nit-pick even further is “really” pushing, well, its not much worth.  But I do like the caliber.  And have since purchased a barrel for an M&P that I sometimes need to carry.
  FWIW, I carry an old 1911 in .45 if given a choice.  But have found that .357 Sig a lot of fun to shoot!
  I hope you enjoy it.

Offline Steve Menegon

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2019, 10:44:17 AM »
Thoughts?

I got a Christmas card from a good friend addressed to .357Steve. ;)

Yessir, I love the round, especially some of the Underwood offerings.

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 05:44:29 PM »
I qualified with my Gen4 Glock 31 today and it will now be my duty sidearm. I really like shooting the .357 Sig!
The recoil lets you know you are shooting something serious, but is still manageable.