Author Topic: Kaw Valley Linear Compensator  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Chino1956

• Retired USAF Senior NCO (23 Yrs)
Kaw Valley Linear Compensator
« on: September 27, 2019, 11:02:46 AM »
OK - so it happened.  My S2 Nosprey faux suppressor started to loosen up.  I put 300 rounds through it yesterday and had to tighten it up twice.  I have the HBI 15 dollar "tool" to tighten/loosen/remove and I finally decided to remove the whole assembly altogether.  So I came home and cleaned the weapon, stripped off the faux suppressor and bagged all 4 pieces and the HBI tool into a bag; will sell those items on here (when I get enough posts) and will also list it on Ebay and Offer Up.  I ordered a Kaw Valley XL linear comp - 1/2x28 TPI.  The XL size, overall length 4.25 inches, OD 1.4 inches.  Will be a tight fit (I hope I got it right using a digital micrometer for measurements), and I know it will stick out the front of the hand guard by a few inches but I'm sure it will be OK and might even look cool!  Any thoughts/opinions/advice??  I do have another 9mm/AR pistol (Freedom Ordnance FX-9) that I could put the item on if it does not work out or I just don't like the look.   They are both "range toys" but I also use the Scorp as a home defense weapon alongside a S&W MP9.   

Offline AgentX3

Re: Kaw Valley Linear Compensator
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 12:05:44 PM »
I've also got a Kaw Valley comp. It will definitely fit inside the handguard on the Micro but it sticks out of the handguard three inches. I also tried the KAK flash can. Both are well made however I didn't like how much either one protruded out the front, I prefer keeping the Micro as compact as possible. Ended up going with the SLR Rifleworks linear comp. Three times the price of the KAK or Kaw Valley Precision however it's very well made and only protrudes out of the handguard 7/8". If you compare the three side by side you can see why the SLR Rifleworks linear comp is so much more expensive, there's a lot more to it.

I have noted that Manticore also makes what they call a linear comp for 9mm and 1/2 x 28 however it appears to be closer to the KAK flash can than a linear comp like the Kaw Valley Precision or the SLR Rifleworks linear comps.

Offline Chino1956

• Retired USAF Senior NCO (23 Yrs)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 12:51:34 PM »
Thanks for the info AgentX3.  I checked out the SLR option and it looks really good, would just want to see it actually on the weapon.  Maybe you have a pic?  As far as the KAK flash can - pretty much have the same thing with the Kaw Valley.  I understand you want to keep your Micro S2 as compact as possible, but since this is primarily a range toy I am not adverse to the "look" that the extra length will have.  Not now anyway.....will be sure once I get the Kaw Valley.  Side note - I'm also looking into putting a SBT folding brace on my S2 - again, just for the cool factor.  Will most likely keep the Manticore PDW Brace; that's next on my list.  But again, if the Kaw does not work out then I will most likely go the SLR Rifleworks route. 

Offline CZCharlie

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 04:26:47 PM »
Ended up going with the SLR Rifleworks linear comp.

Is this the one you speak of?

https://slrrifleworks.com/synergy-linear-hybrid-comp-9mm-1-2x28/

Offline AgentX3

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 07:00:48 PM »