Author Topic: Magpul mags released tomorrow?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline PZero

Re: Magpul mags released tomorrow?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2019, 06:21:20 PM »
I picked up the new Magpul mag. It looks nice, but noticed when inserting it that it takes quite a bit of force with the bolt closed. Disappointing in that aspect. It did drop free in all 3 bolt positions.

“...all 3 bolt positions.”?  Like open, closed, ....ajar?  I guess I’m not sure what the third bolt position is.

I guess I meant all 3 charging handle positions.

Bolt forward, LRBHO, and locked back with charging handle up.

Offline mikec

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2019, 02:07:16 AM »
Factory mags from main gun makers (and Mec-Gar Italian ones made for and marked with main gun maker name or sold under the Mec-Gar name) are typically PERFECT to begin with. 

Exception: cracking of early CZ Scorpion mag feed lips, which were replaced by CZ USA for free. 

So no second party feeding, lockup, ejection, load capacity problems, no 2nd or 3rd generation incremental “improvements” (how do you keep track of what gen you are dealing with?), no persistent ProMag disasters, no “improved USA made AK magazines - haha, what a concept!”.

So I am bit leery of aftermarket mags. 

Or for that matter any aftermarket device that somebody made and sold without putting it through comprehensive and extreme testing (e.g. extremes in environmental temperature that police and military grade equipment requires).  That can create unexpected problems:  friend of mine put two rounds through his hand after an aftermarket front grip suddenly released when he was shooting his transferable UZI.  Fortunately bullets missed major nerves, vessels and bones in his hand.  Hand surgeon cleaned up the wound nicely and it healed without any deficit. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 03:30:57 AM by mikec »

Offline ronb47

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2019, 12:09:22 PM »
How are you guys loading your Magpuls?  Gets pretty tedious by hand and all the various loaders I have won't work. eg. ETS, uplula, etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline CZCharlie

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2019, 02:52:30 PM »
How are you guys loading your Magpuls?  Gets pretty tedious by hand and all the various loaders I have won't work. eg. ETS, uplula, etc.

I used my Maglula Lula loader without issue.

Offline ronb47

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2019, 03:32:37 PM »
Thanks CZCharlie, I didn't realize Maglula had a CZ Scorpion specific Lula version.

Offline Jdlr49

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2019, 09:00:55 PM »
I’m picking up two of them, just want to try them out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cohenj87

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2019, 11:53:56 PM »

I actually just made a post about this, the Maglula for the Evo works with the Pmags, AK-v mags and factory mags.

Offline KnightSchneider

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2019, 09:18:01 AM »
So far the pmags are working great.
I will pick more up as I find them.
Some will die in hot pursuit in fiery auto crashes.
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes.
Some will fall in love with life, and drink it from a fountain, that's pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Offline Thunderstick

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2019, 10:28:14 AM »
I have been using my CZ mags for competitions despite buying both PSA and Magpul mags.   Last Sunday I did a training with pistol and PCC and I had my first failure with the gun.   Since I was in the middle of shooting, I worked to clear the gun quickly and get back to shooting.   It was the Magpul mag but honestly I don't think I can pin the failure with 100% certainty on the mag.  If fired the gun and it didn't go boom for the next shot, dropped the mag, racked the gun, reinserted the mag and the mag didn't seat and dropped out when I pulled the trigger.   That's what happened......not pinning it all on the mag since the operator didn't get it seated properly either.

anything