Author Topic: Rami BD vs PCR  (Read 8901 times)

Offline link2jim

Rami BD vs PCR
« on: October 02, 2019, 11:21:11 PM »
May be both, but looking for something new for edc. Usually carry an FNS 9c, but I’m ready for my first CZ purchase. Also own an HK vp9, great shooter, but not to carry. Held both the Rami and PCR, but haven’t shot either. Any advice from you experienced CZ folk would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline anonymouscuban

Re: Rami BD vs PCR
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 12:08:20 AM »
I've held both. Own a PCR. I can't imagine that the Rami is a better shooting pistol than the PCR. The PCR just fits nicely in my had. Recoil is very manageable. I can completely knock out a 3" target shooting half second splits at 7 yards no problem. Its light but not too light. Comfortable to carry.  Draws and indexes nicely. I can manipulate all the controls without any change to my grip.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 04:47:16 AM »
I have found my PCR to be the best all around handgun for me personally.The size and fit is perfect and capacity is just right. The Rami I know is a fine handgun but it does not feel good in my hand and I also do not care for the very short recoil spring life cycle.

Offline Hillbilly357

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 06:37:32 AM »
I gave up a Rami last year. My PCR would be one of the last to go.

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 07:04:33 AM »
What method of carry do you use?  IWB or OWB?  I carry both and personally use my Rami when I’m going to be in the car all day, due to comfort or when my clothing forces me to carry appendix. Any other time it’s the PCR.

Offline Hrfunk

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 09:00:56 AM »
Interesting. I was looking at a PCR myself a few days ago. I really liked it, and I may just have to go back and see if I can work out a trade!

Howard

Offline cousinmark

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 11:07:18 AM »
...I own and love both. For EDC the RAMI BD with a 10 round magazine works best for me. Although the PCR feels lighter I find the grip is hard to hide in a T-shirt.  After getting one you'll probably find it'll be easy to talk yourself into "needing" the other. They're both FINE pistols, we're talking Scarlet Johansson vs Bella Hadid fine :-) Hard to go wrong with either.

Offline link2jim

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 11:07:36 AM »
What method of carry do you use?  IWB or OWB?  I carry both and personally use my Rami when I’m going to be in the car all day, due to comfort or when my clothing forces me to carry appendix. Any other time it’s the PCR.

Mostly IWB, but when it gets colder here in GA, which seems like it never will this year, high of 97 degrees today, but I digress, OWB too. You make good points though, and maybe both is the answer! Leaning towards the PCR first. Thanks for the help!

Offline link2jim

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 11:08:20 AM »
Interesting. I was looking at a PCR myself a few days ago. I really liked it, and I may just have to go back and see if I can work out a trade!

Howard

What would you be giving up?

Offline link2jim

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 11:09:03 AM »
Appreciate the dialogue guys!

Offline Hrfunk

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 11:20:39 AM »

Howard

What would you be giving up?

TBD, but I've got one or two pistols I haven't fired in a long time. One is an S&W SW99 Compact that I used for off-duty carry when the full size version was my duty pistol. The compact version isn't particularly common, but like I said, I haven't shot it in years.

Howard

Offline HollowDawg

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 11:23:21 AM »
Tristar P-100? I know. I know. Not what you asked but....dang they shoot good! Similar size wise. Heavy but sweet. C-100 or T-100 lighter/alloy frame. Also generally less than $400. : ) Sorry. Can't stop preaching the gospel of Tristar/Canik.

Offline Hrfunk

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2019, 11:48:53 AM »
I'm unfamiliar with the Tristar line. What is the difference between the T-100 and the C-100?

Howard

Offline link2jim

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2019, 12:15:07 PM »
...I own and love both. For EDC the RAMI BD with a 10 round magazine works best for me. Although the PCR feels lighter I find the grip is hard to hide in a T-shirt.  After getting one you'll probably find it'll be easy to talk yourself into "needing" the other. They're both FINE pistols, we're talking Scarlet Johansson vs Bella Hadid fine :-) Hard to go wrong with either.

Love the analogy my friend!

Offline Sancho

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2019, 12:19:23 PM »
Generational difference.

I would have said "Ginger vs MaryAnn."

Sancho
I was already despicable, long before it was cool!