Author Topic: 1911 vs. Texas LEO Handgun Qualification  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Hrfunk

1911 vs. Texas LEO Handgun Qualification
« on: October 07, 2019, 06:46:26 AM »
Hi all! In this week's installment I'm pitting "Ole' Slab Sides" against a course from the Lone Star State. I hope you enjoy it, and be sure to let me know your thoughts!

Howard

Offline DOC 1500

Re: 1911 vs. Texas LEO Handgun Qualification
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 09:19:43 AM »
Great video again Howard, having to shoot all these different pistols and utilizing different holsters can't be easy. But you make it look easy.
 I'm sure you give yourself time for a bit of practice before you attempt these qualifications.
Keep up the good work , happy shooting.
Doc
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Hrfunk

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »
Great video again Howard, having to shoot all these different pistols and utilizing different holsters can't be easy. But you make it look easy.
 I'm sure you give yourself time for a bit of practice before you attempt these qualifications.
Doc

Thank you! I actually shoot these courses cold. Depending upon the complexity of a given stage, I may dry-fire it a couple of times to get a feel for it, but what you see in the video is my first live-fire attempt.

Howard

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:35:05 AM »
Doc

Thank you! I actually shoot these courses cold. Depending upon the complexity of a given stage, I may dry-fire it a couple of times to get a feel for it, but what you see in the video is my first live-fire attempt.

Howard
well then,  you are doing really great !!!
I believe that all boils back to having the fundamentals of shootings ingrained in you.
The ability to pick up any pistol and shoot it pretty well, shows your expertise.
 Okay I don't want to blow your head up too big.
Lol👍
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Hrfunk

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 12:10:14 PM »
Thanks again, and don't worry. Every time my head starts to get too big I manage to blow a simple shot in a video for the word to see!

Howard

Offline Tim_B

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »
Speaking of 1911's in Texas I have seen a lot of them in LEO's holsters in Victoria County.  It looks like the departments in that area allow the officers/deputies to carry what they want within certain guidelines and many have chosen the 1911.

Offline Hrfunk

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 03:34:43 PM »
Speaking of 1911's in Texas I have seen a lot of them in LEO's holsters in Victoria County.  It looks like the departments in that area allow the officers/deputies to carry what they want within certain guidelines and many have chosen the 1911.

You've gotta love Texas!

Howard