Author Topic: Building a dedicated reloading room  (Read 1986 times)

Offline nicky

Re: Building a dedicated reloading room
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2019, 06:05:38 PM »
Congratulations on your mauve lamp.
May you have many enjoyable years with it.😄

Offline Pistolet

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2019, 12:07:36 AM »
I've been thinking about this heating issue, and have come up with the best way. As I understand it your new loading area is right up against your house.

The cheapest, easiest, quickest, and safest way to do this is to tap into your existing forced air system for your home. All it would take is a flexible 4" duct; the type typically used to connect clothes dryers. You'd be tapping about 1% of your furnace/AC units blower ability, so your home would never know the difference. That solution has the added advantage of bringing in low humidity air, which will safeguard all your equipment.

Sounds like a good idea but my house is not that modern ;D . built in 1905 it has a detached garage more like a barn actually. As far as the heating system, I got rid of the gas furnace that was in the crawl space, the kind that sits under a grill on the living room floor and I replaced it with a gas thing that looks like a wood stove that works just fine. So no air ducts or blowers. Most old houses around here are like that.
I think the oil radiator will work in the reloading room. It's small and well insulated.

Offline eastman

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2019, 10:00:09 PM »
Secondly, get those reading lamps with the flexible goosenecks from the thrift store and put the "daylight" white bulbs in them, either CFL or LED. They usually have weighted bases and the ability to snake around and shine right where you need it. Thrift stores in my area have those for about $3 ea.

Dang! I was in thrift store today with the idea of getting some photos of the type lamps I like and there on the shelf, buried in the back, was an LED reading lamp on a 18" goose-neck for $3.95. That was about 95 cents over budget, but it was in such a nice mauve color... and I have been trying hard to get in touch with my softer side... so I bought it.

Photos later.

you could always spend 10x the cost of the lamp to Cerakote it a better color.  ;D
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2019, 06:04:43 PM »
Bear in mind that a decent sized dehumidifier puts out a substantial amount of heat.  My room is in the basement, and the dehumidifier puts out sufficient heat to keep if very comfortable all winter long..

Offline Pistolet

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2019, 10:07:19 PM »
Bear in mind that a decent sized dehumidifier puts out a substantial amount of heat.  My room is in the basement, and the dehumidifier puts out sufficient heat to keep if very comfortable all winter long..
Thanks, I'll look into that

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

anything