Author Topic: IDPA Gun Recommendation  (Read 6212 times)

Offline bobjd

IDPA Gun Recommendation
« on: October 08, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »
Any recommendations for a CZ IDPA gun. I currently us a 9mm Glock. Thinking about changing.  TIA Bob

Offline chenjeffus

Re: IDPA Gun Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 06:42:41 PM »
SP-01 or SP-01 shadow would be a good idea

Offline steel

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 08:31:09 PM »
It really depends on what class you intend to compete in.  The best bang got your buck would be a  P-01 with a manual safety.  You can shoot it in SSP, ESP, or CCP.  It wouldn’t be optimal for SSP or ESP.  If you only intend to shoot SSP or ESP a 75B or SP-01 with a manual safety can be very competive.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 10:48:36 PM »
I’ve shot my PO1 Omega successfully one season not long ago. Shot SSP, due to the ambi decocker it didn’t fit CCP width.

I also shot my PO9 in SSP. Another good gun for the game.

Anyway you got, you can’t go wrong with the 75, compacts- PO1/ PCR, SP01, or polymers-P07/09.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Raven45

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 03:36:04 PM »
CZ 75 SP01 Shadow.  Shoot it in SSP Division with hammer down start and in ESP Division with hammer cocked start.  Terrific pistols.

Offline bobjd

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 06:01:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply's. Looking to shoot in SSP or ESP at this time and was interested in what other CZ owners shoot. Now I need to go shopping.

Offline no.vale.la.pena

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 10:24:07 PM »
Personally, I feel like CCP or SSP would be the easiest to get into without too much effort or disadvantage you too much with a stock CZ.   

I run a P-01 Omega with the safety option in CCP.  The ability to start in single action, cocked & lock for CCP is a nice feature of the division and, in my opinion, gives the compact CZs a bit of a competitive edge there as far as DA/SA or striker fired guns go.  The P01 omega or P01 steel frame are my carry guns and cocked & locked is my preferred carry method, so the commonality is very nice there.  Plus I kind of like the added reloads of the 8 rd CCP capacity (yes I am weird like that). 

Offline bobjd

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 05:38:58 PM »
Personally, I feel like CCP or SSP would be the easiest to get into without too much effort or disadvantage you too much with a stock CZ.   

I run a P-01 Omega with the safety option in CCP.  The ability to start in single action, cocked & lock for CCP is a nice feature of the division and, in my opinion, gives the compact CZs a bit of a competitive edge there as far as DA/SA or striker fired guns go.  The P01 omega or P01 steel frame are my carry guns and cocked & locked is my preferred carry method, so the commonality is very nice there.  Plus I kind of like the added reloads of the 8 rd CCP capacity (yes I am weird like that).
That does give me another option. As far as the 8 rds in the mags, part of my practice is to load 5 rds in my mags to gain skills in mag changes. Thanks for the reply

Offline igolfat8

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 10:31:42 PM »
Shadow 2, in CO, with a $400 lighten package from Primary Machine is another option for deep pockets...

Offline Togmaster

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 07:04:46 PM »
P 10 c/f
Let's go Brandon!

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 09:01:19 PM »
Shadow 2, in CO, with a $400 lighten package from Primary Machine is another option for deep pockets...
Shadow 2 is IDPA legal now?

Offline Raven45

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 03:30:28 PM »

Not unless the weight has been reduced by Primary Machine or some other competent machinist/gunsmith as described in Reply #8 above

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 07:13:15 PM »

Not unless the weight has been reduced by Primary Machine or some other competent machinist/gunsmith as described in Reply #8 above
I didn't think slide lightening was legal in IDPA.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2019, 11:46:31 AM »

I didn't think slide lightening was legal in IDPA.

Nevermind, I see it's legal for CO, and ESP.

Offline cfrock

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2019, 01:01:25 AM »
I started with a P10c for a few matches and switched to an F. Never looked backed and really enjoying it in IDPA.