Author Topic: rami fail  (Read 6124 times)

Offline elguapo

Re: rami fail
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2020, 02:22:06 PM »
back home.  been to the range three times. Perfection not here.  still having problems with rami.  200 rounds. worked well until last mag, then had three failures.   called rami they are sending me a recoil spring.  after maybe 500 rounds?  I'll give it a shot . Like Ive said before I want this to be my carry but she has to work.  Lou

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2020, 02:57:30 PM »
back home.  been to the range three times. Perfection not here.  still having problems with rami.  200 rounds. worked well until last mag, then had three failures.   called rami they are sending me a recoil spring.  after maybe 500 rounds?  I'll give it a shot . Like Ive said before I want this to be my carry but she has to work.  Lou

The Rami recoil spring has been covered on here multiple times, the shortened CZ40, sub-compact Rami seems to be extra tough on the outer recoil spring. 500 rounds seems to be about the max before it starts to wear out. They're only $6 each, so most people buy multiple replacement springs, always keeping a fresh spring in for EDC / self defense and wearing out the others when practicing at the range. Some folks have experimented with Wolff springs on here and gotten better longevity.

Did you ever soak your Rami in a bucket of Hoppes #9 overnight to dissolve the usual overabundance of cosmoline from the factory? That can make a big difference in the pistol's reliability.

Offline elguapo

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2020, 05:37:51 PM »
This is too much.  Fedex arrives as I am waiting, meet him at the truck and show him the package has been tampered with and empty. Fedex no help. CZ sending me a second spring.  Update to follow. Appreciate you responses.
Lou