Author Topic: rami fail  (Read 12392 times)

Offline elguapo

rami fail
« on: October 10, 2019, 10:28:18 PM »
New Rami from buds one month ago.  fired 100 rounds at the range with multiple fail to battery.  went again today, it was worse. Fail to battery, and fail to extract-so many i lost count. tried three different ammo, no change.  wanted it to be my ccw, don't think so.  CZ said to send it to them.  This sucks!

Offline Tok36

Re: rami fail
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 11:41:07 PM »
I can think of a number of different causes for the stated issues. Not much that you can do aside from calling CZ. Hopefully they will turn it around fast and solve the issue.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 06:28:55 AM »
Did you clean and lube it prior to shooting?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:06:33 PM by Phlyers13 »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 06:49:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum. 8)

Offline cousinmark

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 09:43:55 AM »
Like has been mentioned being thoroughly cleaned and lubed is important. CZs come out of the box drenched in protective solvent, no offense if you are aware of this.
That being said in the past 4 years I've sent in 2 Kimber, a Ruger, a CZ and a Marlin Rifle for warranty service. This isn't a CZ thing. If I buy something and it's not "goldilocks" it's going back until they get it right. It's sad that modern production methods wind up letting problems get past QC but "themself the breaks" :-) The main thing is you've found the little Czech beauty isn't quite right. My suggestion would be to send her back to KS and let them honor the warranty. If she comes back and still isn't 100% send her back again, and again if need be. Demand a replacement if they don't get it right after a few tries. Don't settle for a lemon, that's not what you paid for!!! JMO...
Good luck, keep us posted.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 10:58:37 AM »
That being said in the past 4 years I've sent in 2 Kimber, a Ruger, a CZ and a Marlin Rifle for warranty service. This isn't a CZ thing.
And I’ll add two Rugers and two S&W’s.

CZ service is great, they really get the RAMI’s going strong.  I highly recommend them.

If you are comfortable working on guns, and you really want to, you can do some troubleshooting, CZ’s are great for working on.

I’ve seen cleaning mentioned before, and I will reiterate, all if my CZ’s have required a deeper cleaning than any other new gun I’ve come across.

But CZ’s service does do a great job!

Offline elguapo

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 10:34:15 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  I did lube the pistol prior to shooting it.  When I field stripped it was pretty dry looking.  So, youtubed it and lubed it.  Contacted CZ and they are sending me info on shipping the pistol to them.  Really like the gun and hopefully they'll make it work.  Your responses have me optimistic.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 11:27:35 AM »
As shipped, the pistols can have a very hard thin layer os cosmoline on the internals.  That gives it the dry feel.  On a full sized gun, you drench it in oil (which is or acts like a solvent) and shoot, clean, oil, repeat.

That’s sometimes hard to do on a compact.  Earlier this year I picked up a 2019 rami.  I wound up detail stripping it and soaking the barrel and internals in ballistol overnight before the first shot. After putting it back together after that, you could feel the difference just racking the slide, so much smoother and easier.

I don’t recommend doing that unless you are very familiar with the workings of the gun, but I was really impressed by the condition once thoroughly cleaned.  And it has not had a single ftf, maybe some erratic extraction early on, but it goes bang with each click.

Hope yours gets going well enough you enjoy it as much!

Offline elguapo

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 08:09:24 PM »
thanks for the advice.  I really hate to ship it back to CZ but man it failed so much.  Believe it is something simple but I'm not a gunsmith. So we'll see what they say and do.

Lou

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 12:17:06 PM »
thanks for the advice.  I really hate to ship it back to CZ but man it failed so much.  Believe it is something simple but I'm not a gunsmith. So we'll see what they say and do.

Lou

Any new pistol, but especially CZs since they seem to come from the factory choked with cosmoline, I will field strip and soak in a bucket of Hoppes #9 overnight (keeping the night sights above the surface) to dissolve the grease and then blow it dry with compressed air.

I’d try that before going to the trouble of sending it back to the mothership.

Offline akspotmom

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 05:31:41 PM »
Mine would run dry at IDPA matches and jam, found the white lithium grease mix made all the difference in the world. I call it my "oil burner" because it needs a lot of lube. At least 20k rounds now and no issues that are not mag related (rare).

Offline Fredward

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 02:46:53 PM »
I had a similar experience with a Rami. First trip out was with a friend. It worked perfectly for him. I sold it to him.  Odd.

Offline elguapo

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 04:12:19 PM »
Update-  received Rami from CZ yesterday, went to range today fired 200 rounds , one failure to battery, but noticed I was missing to the left and it became worse.  Finally noticed front sight had shifted to the right.  It was so loose I could move it with my finger.  Not good.  Put back in place by smith at the shop but shifted again so quit shooting.  Called CZ said to send front sight back to them. Oh what fun! Really like the gun otherwise I would not go through this.  So sending the front sight back so they can send me a "better fitting " one.  Asked about sending the slide back but that would mean 2-3 weeks turnover.  Am I cursed?  Also asked about glue or adhesive. Any help appreciated. Lou

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 06:07:11 PM »
Sorry to hear your problems.  I brought mine home and shot it.  Two failures to go into battery (fully chamber round) in the first 50 fired.   A light touch on the slide solved the issue each time.  Took her to the house, stripped it and thoroughly cleaned it.  800 rounds latter with nary a hiccup, including over 350 reloads.  Carry mine everyday and know I can trust it to eat whatever ammo I feed it.  Very satisfied with mine.

Offline slash257

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2019, 03:33:52 AM »
Been years since I bought mine.  I had similar issues out of the box.  At my wit's end I saw an article (here?) suggesting new stronger mag spring from Wolf.  It solved my issues. I was happy my problems were behind me.  But I was left with the thought, "Why do I need to buy new, stronger springs on a brand  new gun?"   Still pondering that....