Author Topic: Score!  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Mtb1083

Score!
« on: October 20, 2019, 06:16:22 PM »
Well I've been on the hunt for a glossy blue 97B to complete my CZ collection. I was looking on GunBroker and none were listed as glossy blue but I was checking them out anyway and one of them looked like a glossy blue with a buy it now of 600 and also comes with 650 rounds of ammo. After staring at the pictures up close and being 99% sure it was a glossy blue and not having time to ask the seller to confirm as I was afraid someone else would buy it first I jumped on it. Seller confirmed it's a glossy blue 2012 and looks like it's in mint condition! Plus ammo! Should be shipping out tomorrow and can't wait to get that bad boy in my hands!

Rock-it3

Re: Score!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 06:42:54 PM »
Wait a minute, are you saying you bought a CZ97 AND 650 rounds of ammo for $600??!! Awesome deal, you must have done some good ded recently requiring some karmic payback. Pics please when you can.

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 06:53:36 PM »
Yes 600-well after shipping and transfer fee will be around 700 but yes 97b and closer to 700 rounds now, seller found more while he was packing everything lol. I don't know if I did any good deeds recently. I just got back from a work weekend for my ski lodge and worked my ass off and also helped one of the members that had a stroke recently that fell going up a couple steps back up. Ill post pics hopefully later this week, unless you want pics from the listing now to tie ya over? Lol

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 07:30:58 PM »

Offline studenygreg

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 07:55:24 PM »
Nice pistol. I found my original 97B blues with walnut grips a couple of years ago sitting in a LGS. I got the newer 97bd early last year. Even though they are a big large for my hands I still love them. I'm a cz horder.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 08:00:17 PM »
Yeah I've bought 5 now since Feb of this year haha but I think I'm done now after this acquisition. Don't mind the xds at the bottom, she's adopted

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 10:26:16 AM »
I just contacted Cajun to see what parts they recommend to convert to SAO. For those that have already done the conversion has it been worth it?

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 04:49:39 PM »
Received the ammo today (97B won't be at my FFL til Thursday) and total of 730 rounds of which around 100 are defensive rounds

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 08:41:36 PM »
Well I finally got my amendment today and was able to pick up my glossy blue 97B. It's a 2012. Should have my blue aluminum grips tomorrow and later this week a pro kit I got from a member on here. I wonder how long till I send the slide to cgw for the E conversion....
I have no other CZs I have a real itch to buy (besides the CZ 457 pro varmint I just ordered). Well I want a tso real bad but that won't be happening anytime soon lol. Below is a pic of my current CZ family. Will take more pics after the grips get here and possibly after I get the pro kit installed.

Offline Duo007

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »
If you need a good anodizer for custom color grips for your 97 let me know, I had my guy do the rare orange grips for me out of my stock black grips.

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 03:10:48 PM »
Will keep that in mind thank you!

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 09:42:29 PM »
Blue grips on, stainless full-size guide rod and extended slide stop installed. Once I get my new sights in and some other Cajun goodies I'll install the rest of my parts

Offline Tok36

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 11:14:59 PM »
I just contacted Cajun to see what parts they recommend to convert to SAO. For those that have already done the conversion has it been worth it?

In my interpretation, it is a matter of how much you appreciate a flat SAO style trigger and what other tuning parts if any you plan on installing. Changing the trigger and removing the disco alone pretty much just gets you a flat trigger. I have seen many CZ owners convert to SAO just for the flat trigger and more power to them. I have also seen many CZ owners assume that converting to SAO alone significantly improves the trigger. This is not the case. A comp/race hammer is still required to reduce/eliminate the factory trigger creep/hammer caming. A Short Reset kit can increase the value of SAO conversion and allow better use of the SAO trigger adjustment set screws. For competition or range use only, removing the Firing Pin Block offers a further reduction in the reset distance as well as the over all trigger travel in Single Action.

Gratz on the glossy blue 97, nice find. Thank you for the pics.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline dohc97

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 09:03:26 PM »
Where did you get the  blue grips?

Offline actvlsnr

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 11:46:45 PM »
Gentlemen, there is a NIB 97B Glossy Blue on Gunbroker at this moment. Also a 75B Glossy Blue

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk