Author Topic: Bren 805 upgrades or other input  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Fiorina

Bren 805 upgrades or other input
« on: October 21, 2019, 07:55:03 PM »
My first post here! So I’m picking up a basically brand new Bren 805 carbine next week, just wondering what upgrades or add ons you guys would recommend? Thanks!

Offline the war wagon

• Mafioso of the Apocalypse
Re: Bren 805 upgrades or other input
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 04:26:28 PM »
My first post here! So I’m picking up a basically brand new Bren 805 carbine next week, just wondering what upgrades or add ons you guys would recommend? Thanks!

ALL of them.   8)

I went M-lok (from KNS) all over my pistol.  A good red dot, & a good sling (factory mounts are kinda funky.  HK clips work best, but even then, they can still bind) are definite requirements.  I also changed the charging handle to a KNS knurled model.

I also went with a Magpul handstop.  In the pistol configuration at least, the lower the profile grip/handstop, the better.
  I also added an INFORCE WML light to mine.  And Troy sights.

Like I said - "ALL of them!"   ;D
- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Offline Fiorina

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 04:56:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply! So this is probably a dumb question, but is the handguard removable on the Bren?

Offline the war wagon

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 09:43:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply! So this is probably a dumb question, but is the handguard removable on the Bren?

Do you mean the bottom picatinny rail?  Or...???
- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Offline Fiorina

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 06:54:21 AM »
Sorry, yes. I’m wondering if the pic rails come off. And if so, what kind of attachment system is underneath

Offline the war wagon

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 09:15:01 AM »
Sorry, yes. I’m wondering if the pic rails come off. And if so, what kind of attachment system is underneath

Yes, that rail comes off, but you're gonna need SOME sorta rail down there, because it ties the magwell to the frame!  I went with the KNS M-lok rail, as I attached the Magpul handstop there.  It's also pretty smooth, so if you wanted nothing at all, that would be a good choice also.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 10:16:42 AM by the war wagon, Reason: Cos\' I \'r\'r not sech a gud speler! :-p »

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 05:16:06 PM »
We offer an M-LOK lower for the Bren 805 the blends it much nicer than the stock rail.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline Fiorina

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 06:15:59 PM »
Finally got my 805 carbine out to the range today. She shot like a champ! The action on these rifles is like glass.

Offline the war wagon

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 08:28:14 PM »
Finally got my 805 carbine out to the range today. She shot like a champ! The action on these rifles is like glass.

Even the pistol is a smooth shooter, thanks to the heft of the gun.  Not sure about the carbine length action, but DEFINITELY wear gloves when shooting the pistol.  It warms up in short order!

Offline COJeff

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 09:59:27 PM »
Any consensus on the dan haga ar lower?

anything