Author Topic: Got the email  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Tanners Owner

Got the email
« on: October 21, 2019, 10:34:56 PM »
Got the email to send my SP01T for David’s crew to install their Pro package. The SP01T was getting jealous that it hasn’t been the the Cajun spa, likes safe mates, my PO1 Omega and PCR ;D

Looking forward to the end result, but have no doubt it’ll be perfect
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Tok36

Re: Got the email
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 01:11:21 AM »
The call is always nice. We are going to need some pics when it makes it's way back around to you.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 08:12:30 PM »
Not sure the pic will be any different than the stock, but sure will try.

However here is a pic of the two that’s been to the CGW spa

[/URL]

Am also having the sights on the PCR swapped out for something more visible for my aging eyes
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 08:17:31 PM by Tanners Owner »

Offline iamgoodpeoples

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »
how do you like those bogies? i've been considering getting bogies vs cross cut for ccw.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 08:00:22 PM »
how do you like those bogies? i've been considering getting bogies vs cross cut for ccw.

I like them as I used the P01 Omega in IDPA. They are pretty aggressive, but it wasn’t “abrasive” to my hands. I also like the cool hands that are on my PCR- good grippiness and doesn’t catch on any clothing.

Offline iamgoodpeoples

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 05:56:45 PM »

I like them as I used the P01 Omega in IDPA. They are pretty aggressive, but it wasn’t “abrasive” to my hands. I also like the cool hands that are on my PCR- good grippiness and doesn’t catch on any clothing.

The cool hands do look nice. I'll probably grab a pair of those grip when my SP-01 finishes its time in the Cajun Spa. Getting my P01 to where I like it for CCW is my first thing. Cross cuts will probably be what I get.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »
Got the call and the gun is on it’s way back home. Should be here Thursday. I wait :D

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 01:48:55 PM »
The SP01T is in my hands- am pleased and impressed. The quality of their products, service , guidance and communication with the customer is superb.

Just sat down and compared it to my PCR and P01 Omega that also received their talented work- all very consistently similar Da and SA trigger pulls.

I’ll be a return customer again for sure.

To David and Thomas- thanks & keep up the good work

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 03:15:21 PM »
Took the SP01T out for a quick spin today. Was very impressed. Did 2 to the body and 1 to the head drills on an IDPA target along with rapid fire at the head target- distance was a forgiving 21 feet, but all were in the down zero.

Will use this this weekend at our monthly match. Overall am very pleased with this.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 08:34:23 PM »
Shot my SP01T at our local IDPA match. While I screwed up, the gun didn’t. I bobbled a reload which hurt my overall score.

Regardless, the gun ran fine & accurate. Am glad I sent it to CGW.

Now just need to practice more....... especially reloads.....

Offline puddintame

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 01:07:37 PM »
that PCR looks really nice. if I didn't already have 2 cerakoted CZ's I would do that to my P01 omega when it get outa jail. will you post up some omega pics when it gets back from CGW with a description of what was done?

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 07:10:24 PM »
that PCR looks really nice. if I didn't already have 2 cerakoted CZ's I would do that to my P01 omega when it get outa jail. will you post up some omega pics when it gets back from CGW with a description of what was done?

The PO1 Omega in the pic is after CGW installed their omega pro package and a FO front sight. 

The PCR has the pro pkg, CZC sights & the hard chrome. If I was to do it over again, I’d go with other sights, as I’m aging, these particular sights are not as bold as I need for rapid sight acquisition. ( straight 8 style).

The SP01T only has the pro pkg installed.

Offline puddintame

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 12:04:48 AM »
so you kept the trigger and hammer stock? although I haven't shot mine yet, I was thinking about doing the same to cut down the cost if/when I send it to CGW

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 12:41:44 PM »
i got my P01 Omega in 16, soon after they became available.  Sent it in to CGW shortly there after. At the time, IIRC there was no discussion about trigger replacement for the Omega, but we did discuss the hammer. CGW offered an upgraded hammer with outward appearance as the original and that is what I took.

They may have replaced the trigger with similar version, I just don’t recall the discussion or if it was returned. Don’t think so. I do prefer this trigger design over the stock PCR/ P01.

Regardless, am very pleased with their work.