Author Topic: Laser dry fire training  (Read 3232 times)

Offline radagast

Laser dry fire training
« on: October 22, 2019, 04:19:12 PM »
     Hi folks !  I'd like to do some try some laser aided practice at home, but have heard that some laser cartridges don't play well with CZ chambers. Can anyone confirm this, or provide info on which 9mm units will function ok in the P07 ?   
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline davekoch

Re: Laser dry fire training
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »
I use a laserlyte 9mm trainer in my PCR regularly and a little in my CZ-75B. I purposely bought it to use with these guns because they have double action and I don't have to rack the slide.

They work perfectly together. Sometimes it gets stuck in the chamber, but pops out easily with an un-sharpened pencil.  (I'll test in in my P07 tonight)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NKY23E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:14:00 PM by davekoch »

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 01:53:50 PM »
I'm using PINK RHINO Laser Cartridge. Works great with my CZ P-01, bright red laser light.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K34W265/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This laser works OK with "Laser Ammo" targets and "LASR app" with paper targets.

Previously I've used G-Sight Laser Cartridge, but I don't see any differences between these two lasers (besides $10)

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 02:22:57 PM »
I use laser activated shot recorder with cheap eBay $35 cartridges they work great with all CZ pistols even with a o-ring over the firing pin                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 07:26:44 PM »
I was using the laser insert with the LASR app.  Worked great!

Just be aware that you DO need to still run an O-ring even with the laser insert.  I probably fired 2,000 dry-fire times on the laser insert in my SP-01 - thinking it was all good.  It about beat the firing pin retainer halfway through.  It was just luck that I was replacing it anyway with the short-reset / extended firing pin kit.  Otherwise I am sure I would have beaten it to failure.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 08:29:09 PM »
Surestrike laser ammo is my go to. No need for orings and not possible to mistake it for real ammo as it goes all the way through the barrel with an orange tip.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline davekoch

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 08:24:46 AM »
Can confirm, Laserlyte 9mm works perfectly in a P07.   :)

Offline radagast

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »
Thank You all for the input !
    After more digging, I found articles describing problems with the early G-Sight laser rounds. Maybe they were addressed in the newer version.
I will still be inclined to use an "O" ring after trying the pencil test myself.

"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 08:18:37 PM »
After more digging, I found articles describing problems with the early G-Sight laser rounds. Maybe they were addressed in the newer version.

If you decide to go with G-Sight Laser, be sure you get GEN 2. (Yes, Gen1 had bad reviews from users).
Mine worked great, no issues at all (just died after few months with nice hole at the rubber end, but that's how all lasers end up).
Because I didn't want to spend a lot of money for something I'd be using for few months, I found less expensive "PinkRhino" which looked and worked exactly like G-Sight.

Offline Silhouette

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 07:09:05 AM »
I'm using Laserlyte cartridge (9mm) and use a new, clean, never-touched-food chopstick to push it out.  Homade target/phone holder with Laserlyte app in my dry fire practice setup.

Offline tde44

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 11:30:05 AM »
Surestrike laser ammo is my go to. No need for orings and not possible to mistake it for real ammo as it goes all the way through the barrel with an orange tip.
+1 on using Surestrike and I also don't use O-rings with it

anything