Author Topic: One Day They Will Thank Me - 452 ZKM Scout  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Mercs

One Day They Will Thank Me - 452 ZKM Scout
« on: October 25, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »
Decided on a youth sized bolt action .22 rifle for my boys to fire their first shots with. Being a fan of all things Czech, of course I wanted the CZ Scout model for its beautiful “full size quality” fit finish and reputed accuracy. I would want nothing less for my boys. I found one like new condition for a good price and I got it. The 452 ZKM Scout, Discontinued model. The trigger is AH-MAZING! I’ll have to measure the trigger pull because it’s extremely light. Probably the nicest target trigger I have on any gun

Anyone have one of these 452 rifles? How do you like them? There hasn’t been much posted on these here recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:47:47 AM by Mercs »

Offline Ruber

Re: One Day They Will Thank Me - 452 ZKM Scout
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 10:56:27 AM »
The 452 scout is a great rifle.  Very easy to teach good form & technique on, but accurate and solid enough to last a lifetime.

After my boys moved up to full sized rifles, I started using the scout as my brush gun, easy to carry through scrub and plenty accurate for small game.

Glad you were able to pick one up!

Offline Mercs

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 08:47:25 PM »
After my boys moved up to full sized rifles, I started using the scout as my brush gun, easy to carry through scrub and plenty accurate for small game.

Oh it’s sure a handy little rifle! I just might do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bamajoey

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 05:52:10 AM »
Another thing about the Scout, you can easily fit it into an American stock for a taller person to use.

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 04:10:46 PM »
Got one for my girls. They had a blast with it, but easily became bored with the accuracy - all their shots went in to a small group and they didn't appreciate how easy the rifle made them look like great shooters. Still it taught them the basics. I loved it! Bought a Trainer for me. Had the Scout in a full size stock for awhile then traded it away..

Don't panic yet the story has a happy ending...

Found a 16" threaded American that is my go to 22 rifle now. It really checks all the boxes for accuracy and field use.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

anything