Author Topic: CZ 52  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Rigidman

CZ 52
« on: October 27, 2019, 03:15:01 AM »
I have a Yugo Tokarev. Saw a CZ 52 on gunbroker.com and was surprised at how similar they are. Since I'm not that familiar, can anyone tell me how similar they are? My Tokarev is a 7.62x25. Put on Zastava rubber grips (like Hogue) and a compensator. Will try to post pics if anyone's interested.

Offline Screwball

CZ 52
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 06:44:42 AM »
They are the same caliber... and both SAO.

CZ is a roller delayed action, while the Tokarev uses a Browning design. CZ has a decocker, which I hear isn’t something to necessarily trust. Eight round magazine.

In the original form, the Yugo didn’t have a safety. Why I originally got the Yugo was the longer grip/extra round in the magazine (9 rounds). I do have the 1911 style safety on mine, but have considered getting another with the trigger safety, and swap triggers out.

I don’t have a CZ-52 yet, but on my short list (with a Makarov). I picked up a M1 Carbine instead of it, as I just moved out of NJ, and now I can have that “assault weapon” shipped right to my home (FFL-03).

Offline Rigidman

Re: CZ 52
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 07:09:13 AM »
Yeah I knew the Yugo was based on browning. Mine has trigger safety. Not sure how I feel about it. I love 1911s so I like the grip safety. It's the first handgun I ever owned with trigger safety. Gorgeous weapon. Looks brand new. Built in 64 I believe.