Author Topic: Picture size  (Read 3383 times)

Offline RSR

Re: Picture size
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 05:06:46 AM »
Copy your imgur photo url and then add an "l" or "m" at the end of the filename.

Here is the list of all the modifiers for dimensions (not all are always available) :

s = Small Square (90×90) as seen in the example above
b = Big Square (160×160)
t = Small Thumbnail (160×160)
m = Medium Thumbnail (320×320)
l = Large Thumbnail (640×640)
h = Huge Thumbnail (1024×1024)
https://superuser.com/questions/1238552/how-to-resize-quickly-a-imgur-image

Offline david s

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 06:51:49 PM »
As an experiment I tried setting a set of photos to 500 and posting. Does compressing a photo cause distortion in a digital format? And a second question, when transferring pictures from imagur to the other web site do pictures get lost in the shuffle? Say I pull 3 photos from imagur and get the IMG width XXXXXXXXXXX line in the new site for each picture. But when the post is actually posted only one or two pictures show up. Am I doing something else wrong or are they just not showing up? I believe Wobbly addressed this some what. Thanks once again, David

Offline RSR

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2019, 11:46:26 PM »
As an experiment I tried setting a set of photos to 500 and posting. Does compressing a photo cause distortion in a digital format? And a second question, when transferring pictures from imagur to the other web site do pictures get lost in the shuffle? Say I pull 3 photos from imagur and get the IMG width XXXXXXXXXXX line in the new site for each picture. But when the post is actually posted only one or two pictures show up. Am I doing something else wrong or are they just not showing up? I believe Wobbly addressed this some what. Thanks once again, David

Jpeg/jpgs can get wonky depending on what you're doing.  You can do whatever you need to w/ PNGs without issue.  So first convert your jpgs to pngs before resizing.

Offline Texas377

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 11:17:04 AM »
I use Pixlr Express online to change the size of any photo before uploading to Imgur.

https://pixlr.com/express/
CZ Compact PCR
Sig Sauer P320
Ruger LCP
Others, etc.

anything