CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ Polymer Pistols, the new wave

P07 (and P09?) Aftermarket Decocker with spring retention?

(1/3) > >>

Fosty:
Hi guys,

I took my decocker out of my P07 for the second time last night and had some trouble getting it all back together. I finally did it but didn't have the spring arm in place under the decocker bar (I'm sure there's a proper term for it).

Today I sorted it out but it was a real pain to get it on there. I watched a Sootch video and he bends the spring arm down after getting both thumb pieces in place and connected. But I had to turn my left one to face upwards, get the spring on there, then carefully get it horizontal again and push it in to the other piece.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Anyway, when I was putting that spring on, it was falling off a lot and I feel like it would be better if there was some sort of retaining piece there. I've edited an image to show you what I mean. Are there any aftermarket decockers like this?

Winkel:
I think that spring would be easier to install if they made the tail end a little longer and curved it out.  It's kind of a bugger to get back into place, but I took one of my small punches and filed the end flat like a small straight screw driver.  Then I filed a little notch in the end.  I can usually get it on the second or third try. 

Fosty:
That's a good idea.
It also just got me thinking about filing a groove into the spot where the spring sits so it will just catch in there.

CCWLearner:
Getting the decocker spring back in place is a common challenge with re-assembling the P-07 and P-09.  Here's a thread I started about this last year:

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=99374.msg771083#msg771083

Basically you can notch a small flat head screw driver, or order a cheap watch band repair tool that has a notched end, and it will make the job of re-inserting that spring much easier.

Fosty:

--- Quote from: CCWLearner on November 10, 2019, 02:33:53 AM ---Getting the decocker spring back in place is a common challenge with re-assembling the P-07 and P-09.  Here's a thread I started about this last year:

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=99374.msg771083#msg771083

Basically you can notch a small flat head screw driver, or order a cheap watch band repair tool that has a notched end, and it will make the job of re-inserting that spring much easier.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I checked out the thread and that looks like a great idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version