Author Topic: Anyone get a Hellcat?  (Read 12964 times)

Offline Tanners Owner

Re: Anyone get a Hellcat?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 09:36:45 PM »
Vinny- appreciate the compare and contrast between your new hellcat and your 365. If I can boil it down
     - the 365 has a better trigger
     - the 365 has better sights

The hellcat is optic ready and proven reliable this far

Do I have it right?
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Vinny

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 10:13:07 PM »
Vinny- appreciate the compare and contrast between your new hellcat and your 365. If I can boil it down
     - the 365 has a better trigger
     - the 365 has better sights

The hellcat is optic ready and proven reliable this far

Do I have it right?
Yes, exactly. But if I may add two things....
1. The Hellcat's grip is a wee bit wider, and to some that might be considered an advantage. When shooting single-handed I felt the Hellcat's grip was easier to control, but that's just MHO. Depending on your hand size and all.....YMMV
2. To be fair..The Hellcat's sights might actually work better for fast SD shooting but I'd really have to get used to them, and they're different than my SIG pistols with the X-Ray-3's I already like.  However, once I put a Red Dot on the Hellcat it won't really matter.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 11:14:25 PM »
Respectfully, I am going to disagree with Vinny regarding the sight comparison between the SIG P365 and the Springfield Armory Hellcat.  While the one we purchased is for my wife, we both preferred the sights on the Hellcat.  My wife calls it her “Hellkitty”.  :o.  Her Hellkitty is also optics ready, not sure what the choice will be, but helpful options are always nice.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline Vinny

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 12:21:52 AM »
Respectfully, I am going to disagree with Vinny regarding the sight comparison between the SIG P365 and the Springfield Armory Hellcat.  While the one we purchased is for my wife, we both preferred the sights on the Hellcat.  My wife calls it her “Hellkitty”.  :o.  Her Hellkitty is also optics ready, not sure what the choice will be, but helpful options are always nice.

GS
Sights are surely a matter of personal preference; and during daylight I can understand how someone might prefer the Hellcat's sights with the U-notch rear.
However, take the two pistols into a dark room and you'll see the difference. SIG P365 X-Ray-3's are bright tritium both front and rear, the Hellcat is just tritium front only and the rear disappears. But maybe that's of no concern.

Really, the two pistols are so close in so many ways but for my 'ol eyes the ability to mount a Red Dot on the Hellcat wins. Red Dots for me are just so much more accurate, faster, and I maintain situational awareness with both eyes focused on the target. Not saying they're for everyone though...
JMHO
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 12:33:28 AM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline czsuby

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 07:07:27 AM »
I have a Hellcat and I had an early Sig 365.  I only have the Hellcat now.  The trigger is very nice and no problems after 789 rds.  The Sig went back to the manufacturer twice, so I sold it.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2019, 10:09:44 AM »
I have a Hellcat and I had an early Sig 365.  I only have the Hellcat now.  The trigger is very nice and no problems after 789 rds.  The Sig went back to the manufacturer twice, so I sold it.
Great to hear your Hellcat is running reliably out of the box. Hopefully SA learned from SIG's early stumbles. My early SIG P365 had to go back too; but 1-1/2 years later now it's shot 3,600 rounds flawlessly since. I would trust a new SIG now; but the book's still out on the Hellcat; although so far all positive.

The new SIG Romeo Zero micro-optic for the P365XL is just starting to ship. I think it will also fit the Hellcat OSP. Hoping so; and I'd prefer to do biz with SIG rather than dealing with Shield from UK. Had to ship my Shield RMS back to UK and although they fixed it, it took 4 weeks and they never reimbursed my shipping cost.
"Carpe Diem"

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2019, 11:13:45 AM »
While I prefer the Hellcat, I must confess that the SIG FT Bullseye sights embedded into the slide version of their P-365 are wickedly cool.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline gunbuster

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2019, 02:16:46 PM »
Considered it but still prefer the build of a CZ RAMI BD.  Anyone else own both? Got any feedback you can share?
WTB PM if you got any for sale:
CZ 75 SHORT RAIL (factory blued)
CZ 75 PRE-B (factory blued).

Offline Vinny

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2019, 02:29:33 PM »
Considered it but still prefer the build of a CZ RAMI BD.  Anyone else own both? Got any feedback you can share?
Yeah, I actually have all three, RAMI BD, SIG P365 and now Hellcat. I added an RMR onto my RAMI BD and it absolutely shoots lights out with the RMR. Fast, accurate, and easy.
Although the barrel is only 3" the RMR gives me distance accuracy like a much longer barrel (sight radius) pistol. P.S. CGW Did a superb job of RMR milling and mounting!

But the RAMI is a bit chubby for pocket carry here in hot FL, so I'm just hoping the Hellcat with a mini-RDS like the Romeo Zero will give me similar results in pocket-able size. But no matter what; my RAMI BD is a keeper!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:28:43 AM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Vinny

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2019, 12:05:20 PM »
PS - Just ordered a 6moa Romeo Zero optic that should fit on the Hellcat OSP.
Optics Planet has a factory coupon for $20 off if ordered by Dec 12th, netting out to $180 including shipping. That's 1/2 the price of a Shield, and it's warranted by SIG. However, it says it won't ship for approx 4 weeks.

Soooo....I guess I'll be a 'Beta-tester' and we'll see how well The Romeo Zero fits and shoots on the Hellcat.  ::)  If it's anywhere near as good as my RAMI BD & RMR combo I'd be thrilled.
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2019, 01:15:05 PM »
Looking forward to the results and your thoughts on that set up

Thanks for the feedback thus far
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline ssqman

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2019, 10:04:33 AM »
Optics Planet has a factory coupon for $20 off if ordered by Dec 12th, netting out to $180 including shipping. That's 1/2 the price of a Shield, and it's warranted by SIG. However, it says it won't ship for approx 4 weeks.

Soooo....I guess I'll be a 'Beta-tester' and we'll see how well The Romeo Zero fits and shoots on the Hellcat.  ::)  If it's anywhere near as good as my RAMI BD & RMR combo I'd be thrilled.
You have to start a thread on this when you get it mounted and running.
No, Google is not my friend

Offline Vinny

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2019, 10:17:10 AM »

You have to start a thread on this when you get it mounted and running.
Yes, when I get the Romeo Zero mounted and running I will start a new thread for Hellcat OSP; but meanwhile anyone else that can share Hellcat experience (especially vs SIG P365) should please continue this thread.....
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Firearmjunky22

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 06:32:54 PM »
Waiting to at least put my hands on one. Here in Ny we are limited to 10rds though so idk if they’ll make a mag for us constitutionally restricted states...

Offline Vinny

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 07:34:46 PM »
Quick Update!
After thoroughly cleaning and lubing both my Hellcat and SIG P365 today, I went to the range and put 100 more through the Hellcat including 50 very aggressive 115gr JHP die-cut that some guns choke on; and then ran my SIG P365 with same ammo.
Although both ran flawlessly with fully stuffed mags+1, I noticed significantly more muzzle-flip from the Hellcat, trying both the 11 and 13 round mags. It could be that I just haven't adjusted to the grip, sights and trigger yet; but my SIG just shoots much quicker and tighter groups on target at 25'. Surprisingly the Hellcat mags were easier to fully stuff that the SIG's but they both ran perfectly.

Of course to be fair; the SIG is well broken in now with 3,700+ rnds and the trigger is really sweet. The Hellcat has only shot 200 so far and the trigger is still stiff.

I'm very used to the SIG's X-Ray-3 'combat-style' sight picture; Front Dot over the target with blades level and a wee bit of light on both sides of the front blade. Bull's eye! Like my other SIGs and 1911's.
I'm sure some will really love the Hellcat sights, and I suppose with practice they might be even quicker to acquire than the SIG's. But I really bought the Hellcat OSP to mount a RDS so no big deal.

Just thought I'd share MHO; so far.

-Vinny
"Carpe Diem"

anything