Author Topic: When did you first sample the VZ58 kool aid!?!  (Read 444 times)

Offline DanielBoone

When did you first sample the VZ58 kool aid!?!
« on: November 22, 2019, 08:02:58 PM »
I am in a phase where I am starving for new VZ58 posts, videos, anything!  The Rob Ski videos helped.  I have dabbled around here for many years now.  I remember when Armoredman was doing his epic test on the VZ.  So in the interest of new VZ58 posts - what was your first exposure to the VZ? 

I took the plunge on a Czechpoint D-Technik in 2008/9.   I loved the rifle, hated the lack of removable muzzle, lack of bayonet lug, and lack of “new” accessories but I was sold.  I went through a few over the years.  All my early gripes are resolved.   Love the CSA logo, now have a Beechwood stock and a beaver barf stock version.  I am about over the modern tactical look but if I win the lotto maybe I‘ll build another.  I’d buy 10 if I could as I fear we are in the twilight of the golden age of available MSRs...

So what was your first?

Offline sboone

Re: When did you first sample the VZ58 kool aid!?!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:01:01 PM »
Traded for a Dtech 2.5 years ago, like it way more than my AK's.  It is definitely my go to rifle, I really like the czech mag pouches too.  They also fit 42 round Steyr AUG mags pretty well which is sweet, mag pouches for them can be a little wonky because the back locking tab likes to hang up on everything

Offline fastfr8r

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 08:49:37 AM »
Went with a DTech 2yrs ago; prefer the lighter weight and slim profile  8)

Online crosstimbers

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »
Picked up a vz2008 at a gun show not too long ago. Replaced the after-market stock set with Beaver Barf I bought online from the Czech Republic. Spent a little more of my mad money on extra mags, including a ten rounder. I really like it. Some rifles you buy and know you will keep a while, others you buy knowing they are staying with you for good, this one is in the second category.

To edit, also had the bolt tabbed.