Author Topic: Czechmate goes Major...  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Unamower

Czechmate goes Major...
« on: November 22, 2019, 11:48:13 PM »

Converted the new to me Czechmate from Limited to Major and started load development measured with the chrono.

Started with published load data for a 115gr with HS6 and upon reaching 7.5grs (the max in my Speer manual) I was really surprised to be getting just over 165 pf. Seems like everything I've read for that bullet/powder combination loaders are using allot more powder than that to reach that pf. Will retest with a different chrono.

With the comp installed and despite a light starting charge it was obvious the comp was working.

One thing about the Czechmate that seens like a flaw is the fixed rear sight in Limited configuration was great but in order to make room for the optic and slide racker I had to drift out the rear sight out. Switching configuration in the field and drifting and rezeroing would be impractical. It would be great if you could easily switch but I see no way to do it. Tried to find a rear sight that would go in fast and easy but no luck so far.

It's probably my imagination but after many rounds in Limited setup then switching to the comp the comp seemed much quieter. I expected the opposite.

With 750 rounds fired so far through the Czechmate I think it's worth every penny.

Offline George16

Re: Czechmate goes Major...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 03:47:08 PM »
Other loaders might be using more powder to get to 165 PF because they have popple holes in their barrels. The czechmate barrel doesnt have any popple holes so it doesn’t require as much powder to reach the same PF compared to a gun who’s barrel has popple holes.

I’m using CFE pistol on mine. With 115 precision delta JHP bullets, I’m loading them with 7.3 Gr @ 1.149-1.152” OAL and I’m getting around 173 PF. With 124 Gr JHP bullets, I’m loading them with 6.51 Gr @ 1.149-1.152” OAL to get around 169 PF.

What’s your OAL?

Offline Unamower

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 07:35:52 PM »
1.150"...

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »
Sorry, had to do it
Could get the picture, without seeing the whole picture

So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !