Author Topic: Any news about Romeo Zero or Holosun MICRO-size red dots yet??  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Vinny

Any news about Romeo Zero or Holosun MICRO-size red dots yet??
« on: November 25, 2019, 09:05:27 AM »
I'm looking for another micro-size Red Dot besides the flimsy and expensive Shield RMS or RMSc.

I've been hearing rumors about Holosun making one for the popular narrow Optic-Ready 1" slides on Glock 43XL, SIG P-365's, SA Hellcat OSP, etc.

Also, the SIG ROMEO Zero optic delivery date keeps getting pushed out.

It seems most of them are going with the J-Point/Shield/DPPro mounting footprint??

Anyone hear anything new??

"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline BG ARMORY

Re: Any news about Romeo Zero or Holosun MICRO-size red dots yet??
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 09:39:01 PM »
Their the same optic...just different name on the side. And this time of the year everything is happening at SHOT for new stuff

Offline Vinny

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 02:07:33 AM »
Hopefully Shot will bring something good for the micro-9's besides Shield UK plastic lens junk. Holosun maybe??

I've had a Romeo ZERO on order from Optics planet since November and now they're saying 'late January'  SIG says its 'assembled in USA'
I hope that's not being made by Shield UK too.
"Carpe Diem"

Offline bversteegh

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 02:22:02 PM »
I have a ship date of 21 January from Optics Planet on the Romeo 0.  We'll see if it holds....

Offline Vinny

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 09:34:34 AM »
New from SHOT SHOW 2020:
Holosun 407K and 507K mini-micro Red Dots:

Meanwhile......still waiting for my Romeo Zero ordered from Optics Planet in November.  Hmmmm
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Atomic Punk

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 04:20:48 PM »

Meanwhile......still waiting for my Romeo Zero ordered from Optics Planet in November.  Hmmmm

That sounds about right. I won't buy anything from them unless it says "in stock." Even then, it can be back ordered because much of their "inventory" is drop shipped from the manufacturer and their systems don't always talk to each other in real time. 

Offline Old_Red

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 09:13:13 PM »
I have one in wrinkled old hands I bought this afternoon from Dong's in Tulsa for 179  bucks. I am tied up until I find screwdriver or wrench to fit the screws In the Springfield OPR Hellcat I bought at the same time. I guessed wrong The Tin Star in Weatherford OK has 2 Hellcats with optics installed that would have saved med 30 bucks and 120 mile round trip to Tulsa.

The trigger on the Hellcat feels weird until it starts to starts to stack up just hair before lean break. Inside the trigger looks like a pile of tin left by a tornado, but  it seems to work well and I will grow used to it.

I really like the U notch sights my old eyes can find them and the target all at same time some of time/

Offline Vinny

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 07:34:53 AM »
I have one in wrinkled old hands I bought this afternoon from Dong's in Tulsa for 179  bucks. I am tied up until I find screwdriver or wrench to fit the screws In the Springfield OPR Hellcat I bought at the same time. I guessed wrong The Tin Star in Weatherford OK has 2 Hellcats with optics installed that would have saved med 30 bucks and 120 mile round trip to Tulsa.

The trigger on the Hellcat feels weird until it starts to starts to stack up just hair before lean break. Inside the trigger looks like a pile of tin left by a tornado, but  it seems to work well and I will grow used to it.

I really like the U notch sights my old eyes can find them and the target all at same time some of time/
Hey Old_Red, Welcome to the Forum!
You didn't say but I'm assuming you got a Romeo Zero optic? I don't think the micro-size Holosun 407K will be shipping for several months.

I just received my Romeo Zero I ordered from Optics Planet in November. I was going to try it on my Hellcat, but after removing the plate and trying the screws that came with the Zero, I realized the screws were a bit too long and instead decided to just mount it on my SIG P365XL.

The elevation and adjustment screws do not 'click' like some of my other optics; but after trial and error and a couple of boxes of ammo shooting quickly offhand at 15 yards; I got it really honed in nicely! 

If you use the M4 screws that came with the Zero, I think you'll have to grind off a bit of length so you don't damage the springs below the threaded holes on the Hellcat.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 07:41:35 AM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

anything