Author Topic: cz85 combat shooting low  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Mark-combat

cz85 combat shooting low
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:39:22 PM »
the cz85combat has adjustable sights and the back is turned all the way up, but still I am shooting low when shooting at 15 yards, anyone else has this problem ?

Thinking about taking some hight off the front sight but there is not much I can take off, or are my big hands and fingers the problem.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 04:32:54 AM by Mark-combat »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: cz85 combat shootling low
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 06:01:42 PM »
Heavier/slower bullets usually impact higher on the target than lighter/faster bullets. 

Something to check out.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Mark-combat

Re: cz85 combat shooting low
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 04:34:14 AM »
I use 124Grain, so far no difference when I use geco or other brand or my own loads with 124Grain

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 07:04:52 AM »
Try some 135's or 147's.

Honestly, so far I've not found a 147 grain load that shoots the nice groups my CZs shoot with 115 grain bullets.  But the bigger groups with 147's are higher on the target.

There are different sized (taller/shorter) front sights.  Several people here have recommended Dawson sights as a vendor that is very helpful if you contact them, explain your problem and they'll let you know if they have a shorter front sight for your pistol.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Mark-combat

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 10:00:51 AM »
I have a spare old aftermarket front sight with red fiber that is higer, so I meight try to mill that down and putting the fiber back in it lower.
still cant shake the feeling it has something to do with the curved trigger and my big fingers. 

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 01:52:23 PM »
I've seen people do similar with rifles (mostly) and one guy with a pistol.

Guy with a new CZ75 Compact 9MM.  Started off the morning shooting consistently to the left of POA.  After a few magazines his groups began to move to the right and finally centered on the target.  I asked a couple times if he was still aiming at the center of the target and he confirmed he was not compensating for the bullet impact off to the left by aiming farther to the right.

At appleseeds I used to see people make sight adjustments early on Saturday morning to get their groups where they wanted them on the paper.  Sometime Saturday afternoon, as they got more practice with their sling supported firing positions and trigger finger placement and cheek weld, etc., those groups would move again and they'd have to make another sight adjustment (this was at 25 meters, too.)