Author Topic: When was my CZ produced  (Read 264 times)

Offline willyjulian

When was my CZ produced
« on: March 17, 2020, 12:21:14 PM »
Hello all,

I have gotten my hands on a CZ 75 D COMPACT, and it has a serial that starts with a "P" followed by 5 numbers.
Does this give any indication when the gun was produced? (no indication of the year on the gun itself).

It is however in a carton box for a CZ but that lists a serial number of the type L18XX....it is probably not its box.

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers

Offline jurek

Re: When was my CZ produced
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 12:52:47 PM »
Try to find matching numbers here:
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?board=100.0

Any chance you can post pictures? Any marks on slide before Pxxxxx?

Offline Psyop96

When was my CZ produced
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »
The database in the history section is specific to full frame CZ 75s up until around 2004 when they began to apply one sequence of serial numbers across all CZUB products.

I don’t have as large a database for the other models as I have for the CZ 75. A “P” prefix on a Compact should be from around 2004. However, it was only four digits following the letter. Also, quite unusual to not to have the 2-digit year stamped in the oval above the ejection port. Things get a bit fuzzy around that time frame with the SNs for the Compacts. Members with Compacts during the time frame can chime in.

The box with the “L” plus 4 digits should be from 2003.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: When was my CZ produced
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 07:04:16 AM »
1-800-955-4486 and they might be able to help you. Without the date code on the ejection port it becomes hard to pin it down.