Author Topic: New Venom Suppressor by RAT Worx and Manticore for Scorpion Evo  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Mr.E.G.

Re: New Venom Suppressor by RAT Worx and Manticore for Scorpion Evo
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2019, 02:08:54 PM »
Do I understand this ported barrel concept correctly? Some folks will drill holes in their barrel a few inches upstream from the suppressor so as to bleed off some gas pressure before the gas gets to the can? And I'm guessing you put some sort of shroud on that?

Offline John A.

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2019, 03:08:18 PM »
You are correct, however, you can't do that on an existing suppressor.  You can only do that on a form 1 suppressor that you make yourself and include the shroud in the overall length, or purchase an integral or reflex suppressor from a company on a form 3/4.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2019, 12:43:50 PM »
Talked with Ratworx last night and they are gearing up to get the micro version into production.  Price should be about the same at around $449 MSRP.

No pics yet of a micro gun set up with the micro suppressor, but I will post pics as soon as they are available.  :)

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline peanuts2018

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2019, 12:47:57 PM »
Talked with Ratworx last night and they are gearing up to get the micro version into production.  Price should be about the same at around $449 MSRP.

No pics yet of a micro gun set up with the micro suppressor, but I will post pics as soon as they are available.  :)

Sven
Manticore Arms
Awesome sauce

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline John A.

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2019, 01:00:19 PM »

Sven
Manticore Arms

Is the micro going to be shorter can?  If so, how much louder is it compared to the pistol length?
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline Cohenj87

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2019, 08:20:51 PM »

Sven
Manticore Arms

Is the micro going to be shorter can?  If so, how much louder is it compared to the pistol length?
No, in one of his previous comments he said it's the same core.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2019, 12:53:46 AM »

Sven
Manticore Arms

The core is the same length but with the shorter barrel you end up with a suppressed micro being about 3.75” shorter than a suppressed evo pistol.  Sound suppression will be about the same.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline cavegeo

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2020, 09:45:49 AM »
BTT

Offline Xfrog

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »
Sweet looking rig.  I built a form 1 integral AR9 using a 1.5inch solid rail.  It worked great but got hot enough to melt the plastic hand grips.  I can run a mag and let it cool but 2 30s at plate rack speed is too much heat.  That would be my only concern.  A insulated grip type cover would prob fix it.

Offline TITAN308

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2020, 09:56:06 PM »
@manticore_arms check your pms regarding a part in this kit 🤙🏻

Offline Doug_262

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 03:20:44 AM »
Any pics of the micro yet?

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2020, 12:56:20 PM »
Any pics of the micro yet?

Not yet, they are currently being machined. 

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline beanz2

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
Came close to ordering one until checkout where they don't have my FFL listed.  No option to add one, no option to e-mail them other than calling  ???

Oh well.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2020, 09:25:07 PM »
Came close to ordering one until checkout where they don't have my FFL listed.  No option to add one, no option to e-mail them other than calling  ???

Oh well.

Try picking up the phone and calling them.  Or using their email contact form they provide on their homepage.

I know adulting is hard but c’mon  ::)

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2020, 02:44:29 PM »
So a photo, fingerprints, $700 w/stamp plus transfer then a year long wait but that phone call is where you draw the line lol?  I don't even think you're the one who has to call, it ur dealer that has to send the paperwork in.

Any eta when ordering for the micro will start? Just curious. Tax returns are due back and that $ is easier to make disappear
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 12:38:41 PM by Asylum9 »
ApIII%

anything