Author Topic: RDS Plate Stripped ***HELP***  (Read 483 times)

Offline Steelerfan

RDS Plate Stripped ***HELP***
« on: December 05, 2019, 10:23:43 PM »
CZ Shooters,

Hoping ya'll can help me out. I stripped the RDS mounting plate on my CZ Custom Shadow (1) SP01, I think trying to reuse a mounting screw that had old locktite on it. I went to the CZ Custom website and found what I think is the replacement plate; however, it shows out of stock (part number 10463). This is the pistol that I use to shoot USPSA and Im in a bad way without it:(. Cant seem to find anyone else that sells it besides CZ Customs.

I emailed Stuart just before Thanksgiving but havent gotten a response back.Wondering maybe if the custom shop may have one in their shop that I could purchase.

Also, Trijicon recommends that their SRO be torched to 15in/lbs. Does that sound correct to ya'll?

Appreciate any help,

Thanks Everyone!

Offline Earl Keese

Re: RDS Plate Stripped ***HELP***
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 10:29:37 PM »
CZ Shooters,

Hoping ya'll can help me out. I stripped the RDS mounting plate on my CZ Custom Shadow (1) SP01, I think trying to reuse a mounting screw that had old locktite on it. I went to the CZ Custom website and found what I think is the replacement plate; however, it shows out of stock (part number 10463). This is the pistol that I use to shoot USPSA and Im in a bad way without it:(. Cant seem to find anyone else that sells it besides CZ Customs.

I emailed Stuart just before Thanksgiving but havent gotten a response back.Wondering maybe if the custom shop may have one in their shop that I could purchase.

Also, Trijicon recommends that their SRO be torched to 15in/lbs. Does that sound correct to ya'll?

Appreciate any help,

Thanks Everyone!
It's much more effective to call and ask Stuart directly.

Offline Steelerfan

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 12:38:07 AM »
i have always communicated with Stuart via email. I have called in the past and got voice mails, I leave a message and when the call is returned Im either in a meeting and/or have employees in my office. Which turns out to be a two week long phone tag challenge.

Working during the week with only weekends off warrants emails to be the most effective way to communicate.

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 07:52:22 AM »
15 In/lb sound about right... I think Vortex and Burris said 12 in/lb

Offline Steelerfan

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »
Thanks Luvdog.

The plate stripped well before 15 in/lbs.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 01:23:26 PM »
machine shop or buddy that can drill and rethread to next size set screw?
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

A rubber band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.

Offline Steelerfan

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 09:19:16 PM »
Thanks Larryflew that was my next step.

I spoke to Stuart and he was able to find me a new plate. So ill be in business here soon.

Stuart said that the mounting screws he thinks are 6/32 and maybe .115 in length. can anyone verify this?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 11:22:14 PM »
Extend below the dot body by .115
stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

anything