Author Topic: Who makes a red dot sight mounting plate for P-07?  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Indy_Tim

Re: Who makes a red dot sight mounting plate for P-07?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 08:18:09 PM »
Send it to primary machine.

I recently picked up a gen 2 P07 in 9mm and am thinking about having it milled for an RMR. 

Question to the faithful:  Does an RMR increase the weight of the slide after milling?  In other words, if I have a 340 gram slide and have it milled for an RMR, would it be greater than 340 grams after the sight it mounted?  I’m guessing that it would be with aluminum micro red dots, it could be close to reducing the weight given the amount of steel removed.

The main reason I ask is that my favorite carry pistol is a .40 P07 and I don’t want to remove any mass from the .40 P07 slide.  CZs, .40 and light slides are a bad combination and I’d hate to turn a great P07 into rubbish by having the slide milled and a red dot installed.  On the other hand, if a red dot were to increase slide weight, it would improve function.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 04:28:59 AM »
The difference either way is negligible.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 09:13:52 AM »
On a 9mm, I’d agree but I’ve had enough issues with .40 P07s to know that too light of a slide can impact reliability.  With 9mm P07s, I can fully Cajunized them without much concern for reliability issues but with my .40 P07s, as soon as I start lightening springs, the mass of the slide takes on a much larger role in damping the recoil impulse.  If the weight of the RMR is greater than the material removed in the cut, then a .40 RMR equipped P07 would be a fantastic gun.  If though, the weight of steel removed is greater than the aluminum, glass and circuit boards, it could be an issue.  I am guessing that the weight of a cut slide with an RMR attached it greater though.

.40 P07s are not easy to come by any longer so I’m reluctant to potentially kill one as an experiment.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 09:59:14 AM »
Noway==you may need a 0.010" shim under your slide mount in order to keep it tight enough so that it won't shift on you.  Don't rely on the set screws alone.  If you can see light through the dovetail, you will need a shim.  Once shimmed, the mount will retain its position very well.  I have one on a P-09 with a shim and it has been in place without change for thousands of rounds over the last 4 or 5 years or so.  That said, I prefer the milled slide installation, after you have convinced yourself that the red dot is the way to go.  I shoot bullseye primarily, so the dovetail mount has been fine for me on several pistols, including a 97, 75B, P-09, P-07.  I only have slide mill mounts on the P-10 F, C, and S. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR