Author Topic: CZ 75 Bull Shadow  (Read 3277 times)

Offline JJM7288

CZ 75 Bull Shadow
« on: December 19, 2019, 05:03:18 PM »
I picked up my new 75 Bull Shadow today. We shot it at The dealer's indoor range, wow what a great shooter. I'm betting my buddy at the gun shop orders one soon.

This is my first CZC pistol and certainly will not be the last.

Thanks CZC!!!

Offline Stuart

Re: CZ 75 Bull Shadow
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 06:35:49 PM »
Awesome.
that pistol is one of my favorites for everything. glad you are enjoying.

Offline pcar157

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 06:16:12 AM »
I too have a CZC 75 Bull Shadow, optics ready and mounted a Venom on it. Phenomenal gun, have 3,000 trouble free rounds through it and it is so accurate, much more so than I am. Lovin' it!

Offline JJM7288

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 07:22:01 AM »
I thought about the optic ready model but decided to shoot open sights as long as possible. Once I switch to carry optics, that will be the only thing I shoot. At 56 it's not too far into the future.

Offline pcar157

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 09:49:18 AM »
JJM7288, I don't see optics as an age related item. 56, 26, 86 whatever the age, what can be easier than putting a dot on the target and pulling the trigger? No more front sight alignment, blurred target, blurred rear sight, no indecision whether "6 o'clock hold" or "combat hold", no more trying to get the proper sight alignment, no more decisions to be made whether fiber optic, gold bead, blackout rear sites, I could go on and on.   POA=POI, done!!!
Of course as always, the shooter has to do their part!
Just sayin'

Offline SoCal

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 11:36:57 AM »
I also love my CZ 75 SP-01 Bull Shadow.  As good a SA trigger as my 1911.

I just hope it becomes legal for USPSA production, it would be a winner!
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline artyfo

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 12:04:02 AM »
Are Bull Shadows available in .40 S&W?  If not, will CZ Custom built one to order?

Offline JJM7288

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 08:06:42 PM »
I’m thinking of CO and trying to decide between another BS or another Shadow 2. The BS is great but just not as reliable as the Shadow 2. Hope to get to the range this week to test the BS with 10 recoil spring. I get a couple FTE’S every 30-50 rounds. The loads are light, for Steel Challenge.

Offline Ktm45

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2020, 10:55:05 PM »
JJM7288...

I have two Bull Shadows now. I had to build them up form 75B SA s as they are not on the cal roster. One is SAO and the other is DA/SA. The DA/SA is my favorite and my production steel challenge HG.
I can’t/won’t  tell you how many thousand rounds have been through it now...but more than 6. Anyway I also run my reloads and they are 130 PF running 147 g SNS RN. The only issue I have ever had on either BS came with the DA/SA because I ran a 11.5 main spring and had about 5% light strikes. I went to a different firing pin spring and never had a light strike again. That was thousands ago.  I don’t have a S2 so I can’t say is more reliable than my 75 BS as I don’t have any reliability issues....except my grip screws working loose way to often 😎.    So imo I think your decision between the BS and the S2 is more about the difference of grip. Those two do feel different for sure.  Now I’m not sure about this but I don’t think the SP01 BS is production class legal. But the CZC BS (with the short dust cover) is. For me personally I don’t like the balance of the SP01 BS anyway.   
Oh I forgot something. I run 10# recoil springs on my SP01 and BD with my 130 PF reloads but run a 12# in the BS. I was kind of shaking my head as to why. I’m speaking with Stuart I was left with the impression it had to do with the BS slide package weighs more. I don’t go by ejection distance. I make my recoil spring choice by muzzle dip/rise. That being said I guess my grip would factor in big. One thing for sure though is the ejection distance/direction of my BS is different vs any of my other 75s. My BSs with an 8# recoil spring will not throw the brass as far as a 12# spring in the others. Don’t know why but don’t care either 😎..       Well... how bad could it really be if you have to decide between a S1 or a BS?    Ha ha ha 

Offline JJM7288

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 07:03:04 AM »
KTM,

Thank you for the detailed insight. I have a tuners spring pack to work with.

Offline sax422

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 06:21:56 PM »
Agree with KTM4S.  SP01 BS or S2 more comes down to the grip than anything else.  We have one of each and i like the BS and My Wife likes the S2.  I think I have maybe 8500 rounds or so and i dont recall any jams off hand.  I shoot just about everything i have that goes bang so it all blends together.  both are dead reliable and more accurate than me.  id pick the one that feels better.  I i do like the optional safety with the S2 over the 75B safety on the BS but i like shooting production / DA first shot so i dont care too much.

Offline Ktm45

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 07:21:10 PM »
These are really good firearms.... I just never get tired of shooting my Bull Shadow....and that a good amount.

Offline JJM7288

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 09:24:14 PM »
I bought another Bull Shadow with optic cut, like them too!

Offline exit plan

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 09:38:18 AM »
I'm happy to see all the good reports on the bull shadow. I had read one guy who went on multiple forums bashing it, saying it had an engineering problem and bad customer service. I guess he was wrong!
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Offline Ktm45

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 12:11:26 PM »
Exit..... I saw those other posts by that person and I spoke the other half of the story. Let’s just say it this way.. “ It’s the internet so it must be true right? 😎”.    At the end of that conversation I bought another BS slide to go on another frame I had done by them also.  Guess what?  After thousands of rounds through that one also not one single hiccup either. 
 Bottom line imo and in my experiences these things are really really good guns  slides and their work is great to boot.    Go figure 👍