Author Topic: Dawson Sight  (Read 678 times)

Offline steel

Dawson Sight
« on: December 20, 2019, 03:58:29 PM »
Just ordered aDawson Precision Fully Adjustable Rear sight with matching fiber optic front sight from CGW.  Do I need a new pin for the front sight or can I reuse the existing pin?

Also, does anyone have any experience with this sight?  It looks like it he real deal.

The sights will be going on a CZ 75B stainless.  The previous owner replaced the original sight with a fiber optic front sight and it hits about 3” high.  Hopefully the new combination will correct his problem.

Offline Moebravo

Re: Dawson Sight
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »
Just ordered aDawson Precision Fully Adjustable Rear sight with matching fiber optic front sight from CGW.  Do I need a new pin for the front sight or can I reuse the existing pin?

Also, does anyone have any experience with this sight?  It looks like it he real deal.

The sights will be going on a CZ 75B stainless.  The previous owner replaced the original sight with a fiber optic front sight and it hits about 3” high.  Hopefully the new combination will correct his problem.
Following

Been waiting for cgw to make new offering for CZ75B.

Let me know how you make out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline Rmach

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 04:32:43 PM »
You can reuse the front pin.
CZ Shadow 2 Orange, CZ Shadow Orange (Aussie model), S2 urban gray, S2 black and blue, 3 polished stainless 75b's and a black 75b all with MCARBO kits and front Dawson FO.

Offline steel

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 10:30:23 PM »
Thanks for the response.

Offline Czes13

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 07:29:33 PM »
I have also ordered set of front FO and adjustable black rear sights for SP-01. Today got email that sights have been shipped.

I am sure that you have already shot your gun. How do you like it? Did you install sights yourself?

I  wander if height of front sight paired with adjustable rear is the same as as front sight paired with fixed rear sight?

Offline steel

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 08:24:07 PM »
I installed the sights myself.  I accidentally bent the original pin while installing the front sight.  I had to order another one from CGW.  That was entirely my fault. 

I really like the sights.  Lots of windage and elevation adjustment for different loads.  I was concerned that the sights would be too high, but that turned out not to be the case.  They blend in quite nicely on my CZ75B stainless.  Very nice sight picture.  By the way I got the plain black rear with the fiber optic front sight.  The fiber optic rear was out of stock when I ordered them.  Also there are no issues with my existing Blade Tech holster.

I plan to use the gun in our next IDPA match in a couple of weeks.

Offline BucketShop

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 08:15:02 PM »
I've never replaced sites on a pistol.  What do I need to replace front and rear sites, in the way of tools?   I have both a compact and a regular CZ75 does one site fit both?
Thanks
Henry

Offline Atomic Punk

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 06:00:45 PM »
The Dawson's come with an aluminum punch and a nylon tipped punch so you don't damage the finish. You will still need a drive pin punch to remove the front. A vice helps a lot.