Author Topic: Finally got the Bren 2 out to shoot suppressed. B.E. Meyers ASR + SiCo Omega  (Read 1943 times)

Offline Aries144

I picked up one of B.E. Meyer's ASR compatible flash hiders for the Bren 2 back on Black Friday. It can be perm attached to a 14" bbl make 16" and will mount Silencerco silencers. I was using the Omega with a .30 caliber flat endcap.

I was surprised to find the Bren 2 didn't exhibit any excessive recoil when firing with the Omega attached. Shooting with the gas cut completely off was sort of fun and surprisingly quiet. The charging handle was easy to retract each time to load another round. No sticking and no excessive force needed.

When using some old Serbian Prvi Partisan 5.56 without the can attached, I had to use the adverse setting to ensure reliable function. That stuff has a weird pressure curve. It causes issues in AR15s that don't have a way to turn up the gas too.

The B.E. Meyers flash hider does "ping." I know this is weird, but I actually really like the way it sounds.

If you use Silencerco cans, want to bring a 14" Bren 2 to 16" for a pin and weld, and also want the best performing 5.56 flash hider on the planet, the B.E. Meyers ASR is a nice little niche solution.

Offline AAdkins5944

I am going to look into this for my Bren 2. Looking to have a pin/weld done to mine soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kenneth

I picked up one of B.E. Meyer's ASR compatible flash hiders for the Bren 2 back on Black Friday. It can be perm attached to a 14" bbl make 16" and will mount Silencerco silencers. I was using the Omega with a .30 caliber flat endcap.

I was surprised to find the Bren 2 didn't exhibit any excessive recoil when firing with the Omega attached. Shooting with the gas cut completely off was sort of fun and surprisingly quiet. The charging handle was easy to retract each time to load another round. No sticking and no excessive force needed.

When using some old Serbian Prvi Partisan 5.56 without the can attached, I had to use the adverse setting to ensure reliable function. That stuff has a weird pressure curve. It causes issues in AR15s that don't have a way to turn up the gas too.

The B.E. Meyers flash hider does "ping." I know this is weird, but I actually really like the way it sounds.

If you use Silencerco cans, want to bring a 14" Bren 2 to 16" for a pin and weld, and also want the best performing 5.56 flash hider on the planet, the DEAD AIR NOX is a nice little niche solution.

fixed it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Aries144

lol. The Dead Air flash hiders do look nice, and they're arguably a better mounting system than the ASR- but they don't make your gun make the Pew Pew sound when fired. :D

Andrew Tuohy did a test a few years back and the BE Meyers did the best on flash in the visible and IR spectrums, followed closely by AAC's flash hider. The Specwar/ASR flash hider was pretty meh. Has there been some new comparative testing showing the Dead Air?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:41:15 PM by Aries144 »

Offline Magsz

Comparatively speaking.

How is your Omega can on a regular ol AR?  Would you say its a high backpressure can or...?

Im looking to suppress my Bren in the future along with the 5.56 gun that I dont even own yet. :P  Curious as to what im going to have to do as id rather not destroy the gun prematurely by over gassing it.  I'm not a huge fan of drilling my own port as im not set up to do that.

Offline Aries144

I'd say the Omega is lower back pressure than my AAC Ranger 2, but it's .30 caliber with the .30 cal flat endcap as well. All else being equal, a larger suppressor bore should result in lower back pressure.

One of these days I'll snag one of the cheap high speed cameras to do a bolt velocity comparison.

It's entirely subjective, but I don't feel a big difference in recoil between suppressed and unsuppressed with my Bren 2 and the Omega.

anything