Author Topic: New 527 Carbine - Front Sight Adjustment - FO Sight  (Read 1734 times)

Offline jfm81

New 527 Carbine - Front Sight Adjustment - FO Sight
« on: December 28, 2019, 07:43:09 PM »
Hey everyone, new to the forum.  I just picked up 527 Carbine in 7.62x39 and love it so far after my one trip to the range today.  I took 20 shots and my groupings were excellent at 50 yards.  But the rifle is shooting 3" low for the sight picture I use.  Now, I read the manual on the CZ sight before I bought the gun & it said you had to replace the front sight with a different number sight.  After a little research, I found this is not the case for the new fiber optic sight which I have.  I noticed two allen screws, but how does raising (or lowering) work?  The 557 manual which has the FO sights  says "the elevation adjustment of the front sight is carried out by means of the two front screws" which isn't much help.  Can anyone give me any direction on this instead of trying this willy nilly?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 09:15:24 PM by jfm81 »

Offline david s

Re: New 527 Carbine - Front Sight Adjustment - FO Sight
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 09:29:20 PM »
To use the front sight for adjusting your rifle you want to go the opposite direction the bullet needs to go. So if your 3" low you need lower the sight to raise the point of impact. Turn the lower screw 1 turn counter clockwise then tighten the upper screw by turning it clockwise till tight. This should lower the sight. Now it's trial and error. Take a shot and see where it lands. Hopefully higher. Pretend the bullet landed 1" higher, so if 1 turn equaled 1" then a two turns should equal 2'' for a total of 3 inches. So back out the lower screw two turns and then turn the upper screw in tight and try another shot. Theoretically you should be hitting your point of aim. Still a bit willy nilly but it should work. Just see how much change you get with one full turn at the distance you want to sight in at and the math to get the rest of the adjustment should be pretty easy. Good Luck

Offline jfm81

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 10:25:14 PM »
Thanks david, I assumed that was pretty much what I needed to do and thanks for the details.  I'll give it a try tomorrow & see what happens.

Edit: Adjusted as above and it only took a mag to get it sighted.  It does have witness marks which helped as well.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 03:46:35 PM by jfm81 »

Offline david s

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 08:04:26 PM »
Glad it worked out for you, its nice when your hitting where you look.

anything