Author Topic: Prepping my wife  (Read 2043 times)

Offline sportsnut

Prepping my wife
« on: December 31, 2019, 12:24:37 PM »
My wife is getting ready to get her CCW in a couple of weeks. She has it narrowed down to the P-07 or the S&W Shield as to what she will use in her class. She is off work at noon today, so to the range, we shall go.
75 SP-01
75  SP-01 Compact
P-10F/SRO
OD P-07

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
Re: Prepping my wife
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 12:37:10 PM »
My wife had her CHL (Concealed Handgun License) years before me.

In Texas now, with the open-carry options, the CHL is now called LTC (License to Carry).

I was so proud of my wife's test target when she got hers, I took it to work and hung it on the wall of my office.

People would come in and say "Oh you're a good shot, huh?" and I'd respond, "No, my wife IS!"

CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline sportsnut

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 01:24:27 PM »

In Texas now, with the open-carry options, the CHL is now called LTC (License to Carry).

I was so proud of my wife's test target when she got hers, I took it to work and hung it on the wall of my office.

People would come in and say "Oh you're a good shot, huh?" and I'd respond, "No, my wife IS!"

Perfect!!
75 SP-01
75  SP-01 Compact
P-10F/SRO
OD P-07

Offline radagast

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 06:52:51 PM »
Great way to start a new year !
      Being in NJ, It's not likely the Wife or I will be carrying any time soon (till we move) !
I got my P07 2 years ago, and the Wife got her own in ODG a year later. Doesn't matter who's using which though, she'll outshoot me every time !  I like to attribute that to her younger eyes, but ultimately have to admit she's a natural born better shot than this old geezer ever was !
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline DeltaGray

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 05:52:24 PM »
I first thought that the topic/subject title of "Prepping my wife" might be of interest because of the subject wording but it really was about firearms.  Not all wives like firearms in general.  I load ammo but have to unload brass in order for me to get exercise while target shooting or exercising my right arm while operating a Dillon  press.  For forum member, radagast, my memory of New Jersey was good Italian food when I completed a computer systems engineering class in Upper Saddle River, NJ many years ago. I wrote this message without writing about a CZ firearm (e.g. CZ P09 9mm).

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 07:44:45 PM »
My Wife opted for a Wheelgun
She carries a Ruger SP101 in .327 FedMag
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 08:42:29 PM »

We’re in Texas too (Thank God). My wife and I got our CHL’s at the same time. She NEVER even held a gun before and out shot me and most of the others in the class. I fell even further in love with her that day... 8)

Offline ZanderMan

Prepping my wife
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 08:48:16 PM »
My wife is getting ready to get her CCW in a couple of weeks. She has it narrowed down to the P-07 or the S&W Shield as to what she will use in her class. She is off work at noon today, so to the range, we shall go.

I know this is an older thread/pic, but I really like that Pearce extension on the Shield 8rd mag.

Just went and put one on an 8-rounder with a +1 MagGuts kit.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 08:58:42 PM by ZanderMan »
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 11:16:25 PM »

I know this is an older thread/pic, but I really like that Pearce extension on the Shield 8rd mag.

I had the Shield 9 with MagGuts kits on the mags. Good product.

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 06:09:48 PM »

I had the Shield 9 with MagGuts kits on the mags. Good product.
I may have a few...

Used to own a CZ Jawa...

anything