Author Topic: I think I want a RAMI  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Lord_Balkan

I think I want a RAMI
« on: January 01, 2020, 08:27:16 PM »
I think I want a RAMI for Conceal Carry but I have a hard time finding one around here to handle. I can't even find a CZ 75 compact around here to handle I have a CZ-75 BD right now. Does anyone happen to have any size comparisons between the two? Specifically the grip width?

Are there maybe more mainstream guns are similar to the RAMI that I can maybe go handle instead?

Offline Tok36

Re: I think I want a RAMI
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 09:28:02 PM »
The grip width is going to dependent on the specific grips installed. So the width is not fixed you can change it if you like..

CZ75 BD with factroy plastic grips installed: 1.400 (at the grip scerw)

RAMI BD with factory rubber grips installed 1.270

I love the CZ75 variant grip frame, the RAMI feels grate to me. I get a solid two finger grip with the 10 round mags and would get a full grip with the 14 round extended mags.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 09:34:00 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline PogoJack

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 09:39:59 PM »
I got a RAMI after getting a P-01. It's not that much smaller than a P-01 even with thin grips and no thinner.

You cannot pocket carry it. You can modify a 16rd magazine with an SP-01 base to have 16 rounds +1 on a carry P-01 for not much more space than a RAMI takes up.

I'm a big guy and can hide a P-01 at 3:30 IWB with an untucked shirt. The recoil spring on a RAMI seems to wear faster as well. You can carry a RAMI nicely in a belly band, though, but you only get 10+1.

The 14 capacity mag for the RAMI is basically the size of a P-01 with a shorter barrel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline jak

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 09:59:26 PM »
If you replace the magazine base plate with Pierce grip extension for a Springfield Amory XD 40 cal - you can get a three finger grip.

Link - $7.97 ea:   https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/pearce-grip-extension-springfield-armory-xd-plus-zero-polymer-black-pg-xd-605849140094.do

They require a slight modification.  Here's a YouTube showing what needs to be done,  It's straight forward. 

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 11:41:21 PM »
I like to carry my Rami owb at 3:00. The shorter barrel/slide makes it easier to cover with an untucked shirt. The 10rd mag also prints less than the 14rd or a P-01/PCR. I wasn't interested in a Rami for all the commonly stated reasons, too thick...not small enough for pocket carry...almost same size as P-01, etc. Then I traded into a BD super cheap with a TT Gunleather holster, figured I'd shoot it a little and sell it. No way, it's a keeper and is now my EDC. I didn't want to, but I love this little gun. Maybe I'm abnormal, I carried my P-01 for a few months and ended up selling it. It was the gateway CZ for me and nothing more.

Offline Lord_Balkan

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 12:28:58 AM »
If you replace the magazine base plate with Pierce grip extension for a Springfield Amory XD 40 cal - you can get a three finger grip.

Link - $7.97 ea:   https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/pearce-grip-extension-springfield-armory-xd-plus-zero-polymer-black-pg-xd-605849140094.do

They require a slight modification.  Here's a YouTube showing what needs to be done,  It's straight forward. 
I don't think I will have a problem with that, I have medium hands.

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 07:42:50 AM »
Here you go:https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/cz-75-compact-vs-cz-2075-rami
You can compare various guns with this size chart.

Offline PogoJack

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 09:53:15 AM »
Thanks.  I'll add that as pictured,  that's the RAMI with flush fit 10 round mag and the 75 compact with 14 round flush fit mag.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline Lord_Balkan

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2020, 11:33:43 AM »

This is useful but I can't compare thickness with this

Offline jurek

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2020, 11:41:44 AM »

CZ75 BD with factroy plastic grips installed: 1.400 (at the grip scerw)

RAMI BD with factory rubber grips installed 1.270

My 2 cents:

P-01 with LOK Standard grips - 1.25 in.

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 10:24:45 PM »
I carry a Rami daily, typically owb on the hip.   Great, accurate pistol, easy to conceal.  Solid ( and heavier) than a plastic gun, but I love the way if carries, feels in the hand, and shoots.   Mine replaced a Sig 365 and I’ve Never regretted it for a minute👍

Offline lewmed

• 240th AHC Viet Nam 1967-1968
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 03:38:17 PM »
 I took my son and grandson shooting last week my son wanted to shoot a 9mm pistol so I brought my CZ spo1, my P07 and my Rami BD along. After shooting my three CZ's I asked my son which one he liked the best his answer was the little one. I loaded up my three ten round magazines with the Pierce grip extensions and watched him shoot a few moving targets at three to seven yards he did very well. The Rami is my EDC it rides at 3:30 in a ITWB holster it's not the newest, smallest or lightest but it's the best EDC I've found. I keep an eye on where it ejects it's spent cartridges and change it's recoil springs before it starts tossing them in the next county. My advice is buy one you will love it.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 11:32:47 PM »
My Rami (BD) was bought without ever handling one. No CZ’s around at the time, had only handled and shot a Pre B.
   Love mine. Yes a little thick, but with my love handles the 10 rd mag works so much better than 14 IWB. YMMV
     I’m spoiled by having a couple of the the few BGlas grips out there  , but the Rami is a very nice shooter with a two finger grip ( pinky tucked under).
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline cntrydawwwg

I think I want a RAMI
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 11:33:06 PM »
My Rami (BD) was bought without ever handling one. No CZ’s around at the time, had only handled and shot a Pre B.
   Love mine. Yes a little thick, but with my love handles the 10 rd mag works so much better than 14 IWB. YMMV
     I’m spoiled by having a couple of the the few BGlas grips out there ........New BGlas grip design for a New Year.
 https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=23595&share_tid=76343&url=https%3A%2F%2Fczfirearms%2Eus%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D76343&share_type=t&link_source=app ,
but the Rami is a very nice shooter with a two finger grip ( pinky tucked under).

Hey BGlas, if your still out there we’re thinking of you. Happy New Year!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:40:56 PM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2020, 09:19:34 PM »
I also  bought my RAMI without handling one and have BGlas grips on it. My grips are Ironwood, with full body and fingering. With the pinky extension the combination makes for a better hold for me. Just wish Brian was still making grips. If he was I would get another set in a heartbeat.
Likewise Happy New Year Brian.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 09:33:12 PM by SteveR2013, Reason: Grammar »

anything